RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

How to scan with Gimp on the Mac 2015

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

How to scan with Gimp on the Mac 2015 Zbig 26 Aug 10:30
  How to scan with Gimp on the Mac 2015 Richard 28 Aug 01:01
   How to scan with Gimp on the Mac 2015 Zbig 29 Aug 11:11
    How to scan with Gimp on the Mac 2015 Roger-Ca 30 Aug 02:25
     How to scan with Gimp on the Mac 2015 Zbig 30 Aug 10:52
     How to scan with Gimp on the Mac 2015 Zbig 31 Aug 07:21
   How to scan with Gimp on the Mac 2015 Zbig 29 Aug 22:24
2016-08-26 10:30:15 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

Hi,
I have a Mac year 2015 and would like to scan images directly into it. After having installed the Gimp 2.8.18 I cannot see the Scanning button in File-Create menu.

Do you know how to: -get this version of Gimp to scan

or

-install any old version which has the scan functionality? Do you know which version contains fpr Mac?

Thank you for help.

Zbig

Richard
2016-08-28 01:01:44 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Under GIMP's File menu, go to "Create" and there should be an option labelled "Scanner/camera...". As long as your scanner is TWAIN compliant (most are) and you have the proper drivers installed on your system to talk to it, it should show up as an available source when you select this option from the menu. From that point you'll have to refer to your scanner's documentation on how to adjust scan settings.

-- Stratadrake strata_ranger@hotmail.com
--------------------
Numbers may not lie, but neither do they tell the whole truth.

Sent: Friday, August 26, 2016 3:30 AM
To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Cc: notifications@gimpusers.com
Subject: [Gimp-user] How to scan with Gimp on the Mac 2015

Hi,
I have a Mac year 2015 and would like to scan images directly into it. After
having installed the Gimp 2.8.18 I cannot see the Scanning  button in
File-Create menu.

Do you know how to:
-get this version of Gimp to scan

or

-install any old version which has the scan functionality? Do you know which
version contains fpr Mac?

Thank you for help.

Zbig

--
Zbig (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
Forums - gimpusers.com
www.gimpusers.com
Forums. While there are many different GIMP forums of there, our own forums provide an extended way to communicate because they are connected to the official GIMP ...
2016-08-29 11:11:32 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

Under GIMP's File menu, go to "Create" and there should be an option labelled "Scanner/camera...". As long as your scanner is TWAIN compliant (most are) and you have the proper drivers installed on your system to talk to it, it should show up as an available source when you select this option from the menu. From that point you'll have to refer to your scanner's documentation on how to adjust scan settings.

--------------------

Hi Stratadrake,
thank you. I contacted Samsung and they absolutely claim that m2070 is a TWAIN compatible scanner. I will try still to uninstall / install the driver. It it doesn't help I don't know what to do. Best regards
Zbig

2016-08-29 22:24:02 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

--------------------

Hi Stratadrake,
I did what I wrote: uninstalled / installed the m2070 scanner/printer and I have in the

library-ApplicationSupport-Samsung-Twain Discovery-Samsung m2070 Series - Scanner auswaehlen

and in the

library - Image Capture Devices- Devices - Samsung Scanner

and in the

library - Twain data services - Samsung m2070 Series.ds

After the new installation of GIMP 2.8.18 no menu create-Twain-m2070 can be found.

Could you understand why?

Best regards Zbig

2016-08-30 02:25:07 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

Hi Stratadrake,
thank you. I contacted Samsung and they absolutely claim that m2070 is a TWAIN compatible scanner. I will try still to uninstall / install the driver. It it doesn't help I don't know what to do. Best regards
Zbig

Zbigniew,

Does the printer work OK ?

2016-08-30 10:52:03 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

Zbigniew,

Yes, the printer and the scanner work fine.

Zbig-iew

2016-08-31 07:21:04 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

Zbigniew,

Yes, the printer and scanner work.

Maybe there is a problem with OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 which is not yet supported?

The exact folder contents is:

1.Library- Application Support - Samsung- TWAIN Discovery - Samsung M2070 Series - Scanner auswaehlen 2.Library - Image Capture - Devices - Samsung Scanner 3.Library - Twain Data Sources - SamsungM2070 Series.ds

After the new installation of GIMP 2.8.18 no menu create - from Scanner can be found.

Best regards Zbigniew