RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

lighten & remove flash back/glare

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

lighten & remove flash back/glare bryanw20 19 Jun 03:47
2016-06-19 03:47:17 UTC (almost 8 years ago)
postings

lighten & remove flash back/glare

I have Photodirector 7 & Gimp 2.8 On a recent trip I put my phone in a clear waterproof bag, well sadly sometimes the 'flash' (led light) got turned on and now I have a bright spot on my photo's/videos, and super dark pics.

I know very little about these programs; but is there a 'magic' button, or what settings do I need to tweek to try to lighten up what parts of the pics I can?

I know I can't fix/replace the white out areas; but I'd like to lighten up the rest of the image so I can kida see what I was trying to take a photo of.

I know nothing of gimp, so I'll either need an 'easy' button that can fix it for me, or step - by step (maybe even visual aids on what buttons to click)

I think this will link to a few of these pics, with my attemps to fix in PD7 http://s227.photobucket.com/user/gadget-guy/library/belize

thanks for any tips!