RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Newbie question - plugins in windows xp

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Newbie question Scott Binns 12 Nov 17:22
.127.0.0.1.1100276538.squir... 07 Oct 20:16
  Newbie question Gezim Hoxha 13 Nov 07:20
   Newbie question - plugins in windows xp Scott Binns 13 Nov 08:39
Scott Binns
2004-11-12 17:22:18 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Newbie question

I just downloaded and installed Gimp. I was browsing the plugin repository, and downloaded a couple of plugins, but don't know how to get them installed - they are just the source files. I am running Windows XP, and used the installer provided on the Gimp web site from Jernej Simoncic. Any help would be appreciated.

Gezim Hoxha
2004-11-13 07:20:24 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Newbie question

Since I don't have windows XP I don't know the exact directory, but when you open up gimp, choose File>Preferences then on the left hand side click on "Plug-ins" under "Folders"....in here the directories where the plugins are stored should be listed.

-Gezim

P.S. when you post on the list please try and have a better subject (in this case something like "plugins in windows xp" )

--- Scott Binns wrote:

I just downloaded and installed Gimp. I was browsing the plugin
repository, and downloaded a couple of plugins, but don't know how to get
them installed - they are just the source files. I am running Windows XP,
and used the installer provided on the Gimp web site from Jernej Simoncic.
Any help would be appreciated.

Scott Binns
2004-11-13 08:39:50 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Newbie question - plugins in windows xp

When I look in the folders listed, there .exe files there. the plugin I downloaded is a .c file - how do I get it from a .c to a .exe? I looked through the .c file, and it made mention of gimptool-2.0, so maybe I should be asking where do I get it?

Thanks Scott

On Fri, November 12, 2004 11:20 pm, Gezim Hoxha said:

Since I don't have windows XP I don't know the exact directory, but when you open up gimp, choose File>Preferences then on the left hand side click on "Plug-ins" under "Folders"....in here the directories where the plugins are stored should be listed.

-Gezim

P.S. when you post on the list please try and have a better subject (in this case something like "plugins in windows xp" )

--- Scott Binns wrote:

I just downloaded and installed Gimp. I was browsing the plugin
repository, and downloaded a couple of plugins, but don't know how to get
them installed - they are just the source files. I am running Windows XP,
and used the installer provided on the Gimp web site from Jernej Simoncic.
Any help would be appreciated.