RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

how to set border to 0 when printing from gimp?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

how to set border to 0 when printing from gimp? Nagy Gabor 02 Nov 19:09
  how to set border to 0 when printing from gimp? Sven Neumann 02 Nov 20:58
Nagy Gabor
2004-11-02 19:09:43 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi!

I try to use gimp to print a picture that I want to match the original size.

The full size A4 page is 210x297mm.

According to the CUPS testpage, which prints the bounding box about 4 mm from the edge, the page size is 201.5x288.4mm, the border is 4.2mm

I create a new picture, set the dpi to 300, sizes 201.5 x 288.4

So I expect that this picture can be printed with 300dpi, about 4mm close to the borders.

Then I click print, and in the print dialog, I click Use Original Image Size.

The result is that it will be printed at 318.5 dpi, with top and bottom borders at 1.27 cm. That's about three times more border than the size CUPS has used.

And the problem is that I cannot set it to be lower.

I can write smaller numbers in the Position - Top for example, but the original 1,27 will replace my numbers.

Why is this?

Why does gimp not let me set a smaller margin?

27.16cm height which seems to be the maximum is not enough for me.

Regards, Gabor

Sven Neumann
2004-11-02 20:58:54 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Nagy Gabor writes:

The result is that it will be printed at 318.5 dpi, with top and bottom borders at 1.27 cm. That's about three times more border than the size CUPS has used.

And the problem is that I cannot set it to be lower.

I can write smaller numbers in the Position - Top for example, but the original 1,27 will replace my numbers.

Why is this?

Why does gimp not let me set a smaller margin?

Because the PPD file you use specifies the non-printable margin this way. If you want a more detailed answer, you better ask on the gimp-print mailing-list though. These folks develop the print plug-in as well as the underlying infrastructure.

Sven