RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Script-Fu question ... Callinging another script from within?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Script-Fu question ... Callinging another script from within? Matthew Kettlewell 31 Oct 17:41
  Script-Fu question ... Callinging another script from within? Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 31 Oct 19:55
Matthew Kettlewell
2004-10-31 17:41:53 UTC (over 19 years ago)

All,

Is it possible to call an interactive script from within an interactive script?

Let me clarify...

If I call script-fu-test1, and I fill out the parameters and let it compute, is it possible to have that script call another script that asks me for more input parameters?

One case that I'm considering ...

I am trying to create a complete web-theme image gallery (buttons, bullets, logos, etc) but there isn't enough space on a single input form to gather all the information at once, so I want to break it down by function, but starting with some base info.

So on the initial page I would set things like to fg & bg colors, font type, sizes, etc, but then when it goes to create the bullets, I can further refine how I want them created, and the same would go for the other gallery types as well.

I've tryed registering my script-fu functions with gimp (sucessfully), but I can't seem to find the proper way to call them from within my script. Thought???

Is it even possible?

Thanks

Matt

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2004-10-31 19:55:17 UTC (over 19 years ago)

AFAIK such calls are made in a non interactive mode. i.e. You can call another cript-fu, but have to pass its parameters in the call - no dialog is displayed.

As a first suggestion, you might rty to get some parameters from gimp-context, instead of having input widgets for them all: For example BG e FG colors could be the currenctly active colors.

As a second suggestion, I see nothing short of you desingning a full plug-in either in C, Python, or Perl, with a proper GTK interface. There are some hacks that could be done with python-fu if you know python but do not know GTK , like running a first script, saving the parameters to a tmp file, and reading them back on a second script. (ugly , but would get your job done, without GTKing).

A third way would be hacking python-fu or script-fu themselves in order for they to make their main-dialogs a scrollable dialog. That might not be imediate - but seems apropriate, maybe could be let as an enhancement request for the GIMP. Maybe Kevin could do this for you in Tiny-fu - an alternate scheme script engine for the GIMP he is the maintainer of.

Regards,
JS
->

On Sunday 31 October 2004 14:41, Matthew Kettlewell wrote:

All,

Is it possible to call an interactive script from within an interactive script?

Let me clarify...

If I call script-fu-test1, and I fill out the parameters and let it compute, is it possible to have that script call another script that asks me for more input parameters?

One case that I'm considering ...

I am trying to create a complete web-theme image gallery (buttons, bullets, logos, etc) but there isn't enough space on a single input form to gather all the information at once, so I want to break it down by function, but starting with some base info.

So on the initial page I would set things like to fg & bg colors, font type, sizes, etc, but then when it goes to create the bullets, I can further refine how I want them created, and the same would go for the other gallery types as well.

I've tryed registering my script-fu functions with gimp (sucessfully), but I can't seem to find the proper way to call them from within my script. Thought???

Is it even possible?

Thanks

Matt