RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

curve and level file formats

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

curve and level file formats Todd Zickler 26 Oct 23:57
  curve and level file formats Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 26 Oct 23:44
  curve and level file formats Sven Neumann 27 Oct 00:13
  curve and level file formats Carol Spears 27 Oct 00:34
Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2004-10-26 23:44:32 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

I had never used a levels file, but the curves file is in plain text (tm).

It should be noted that currnetly the GIMP can only save and load smooth curves, and not "free" curves.

At first, I'd say it is easier to write a gimp script to do this job than reimplementing the curves and levels codebases in another program.

Regards,

JS
->

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 19:57, Todd Zickler wrote:

I'd like to be able to adjust the color curves and/or color levels in one image and then batch process (open-apply-save) a large number of additional images using the same transformation(s).

When adjusting the color levels and curves, there is the option of saving (and loading) levels and curves from files. I have two questions:

1. What is the format of the levels file and the curves file? (I'd like to write my own C or Matlab code to read the Gimp level/curve files and compute the associated transformation.)

2. Alternatively, does anyone know of a Gimp script that will do this batch processing for me?

Thanks so much, -TEZ

Todd Zickler
2004-10-26 23:57:40 UTC (over 19 years ago)

I'd like to be able to adjust the color curves and/or color levels in one image and then batch process (open-apply-save) a large number of additional images using the same transformation(s).

When adjusting the color levels and curves, there is the option of saving (and loading) levels and curves from files. I have two questions:

1. What is the format of the levels file and the curves file? (I'd like to write my own C or Matlab code to read the Gimp level/curve files and compute the associated transformation.)

2. Alternatively, does anyone know of a Gimp script that will do this batch processing for me?

Thanks so much, -TEZ

Sven Neumann
2004-10-27 00:13:11 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Todd Zickler writes:

Have a look at the files. It becomes rather obvious once you know what -1 stands for an undefined curve point.

Sven

Carol Spears
2004-10-27 00:34:19 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 05:57:40PM -0400, Todd Zickler wrote:

i think the contents of these little saved files would just be the values that you selected in the dialog. did you try to look at them with a text editor? if matlab can accept a value for "gamma" then i think it should probably be in this little file.

i used gimp-gap to do this. gimp-gap will work on sequentially named files. you can have a preview look at the tutorial that is officially online when gimp-2.2pre (or whatever) is released: http://carol.gimp.org/gimp/2.1/gap/
http://carol.gimp.org/gimp/2.1/gap/layers/ shows some of the dialogs you will need to look into. an epic/horror story about when i used an earlier combination of this plug-in and some of its supporting software can be seen here:
http://carol.gimp.org/gimp/techniques/photographs/movies/ "Give GAP a curve" is where i did successfully apply the same curve to a bunch of images.

There is also the option to script it. some scripting experience is probably helpful for that though.

carol