RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Printing from Gimp

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Printing from Gimp Freddy Freeloader 21 Oct 22:55
Freddy Freeloader
2004-10-21 22:55:43 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Printing from Gimp

A gimp newbie here;

I just set gimp up on a Debian system and am having problems getting my OfficeJet 5500 to print from Gimp. It works fine with all other software on my system so I'm puzzled as to why it won't work with Gimp.

I use CUPS for printing and have set my printer up using the foomatic/hpijs setting as there are no gimpprint drivers available. In Gimp printer setup I have Postscript level 2 selected as the model (the OJ 5500 doesn't show up in the list) and have the path to the .ppd file for the OJ 5500 in the PPD file box. What am I doing wrong in my setup? Will this printer simply not work as a PostScript printer using the .ppd file, or do I need to install more software? (I have HPIJS 1.6.2 installed along with the latest versions I can find in Debian of all foomatic files and libraries.)

TIA,

Gary