RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Alt+ shortcuts

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

10 of 10 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

refract or equivalents? Yury Tarasievich 11 Oct 17:10
  refract or equivalents? Carol Spears 11 Oct 22:44
   refract or equivalents? Sven Neumann 11 Oct 23:50
  refract or equivalents? GSR - FR 12 Oct 00:08
  Alt+ shortcuts Aewyn 02 Jan 22:12
   Alt+ shortcuts Eric Pierce 02 Jan 22:55
    Alt+ shortcuts Aewyn 02 Jan 23:38
     Alt+ shortcuts Sven Neumann 03 Jan 23:36
      Alt+ shortcuts Aewyn 04 Jan 00:10
Alt+ shortcuts Matthias Julius 03 Jan 22:14
Yury Tarasievich
2004-10-11 17:10:29 UTC (over 19 years ago)

refract or equivalents?

Hello,

I'm looking for the possibility to compensate for distortions in photographed book pages. I need to do this in a batch mode too.

Looking through gimp plugin database, I've noticed refract plugin seems to promise the needed functionality (passing through a lens with lens strength proportional to . However, it seems to be obsolete and I can't get it compiled against gimp v2. After some patching it compiles up to creating of widgets and dialogs part but that's where I'm definitely stuck.

I do not know anything about GTK programming and/or GIMP programming and/or GIMP itself. Could somebody point me to plugin with equivalent functionality or to a version that works or to something which would allow me to get the work done?

Carol Spears
2004-10-11 22:44:39 UTC (over 19 years ago)

refract or equivalents?

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 06:10:29PM +0300, Yury Tarasievich wrote:

Hello,

I'm looking for the possibility to compensate for distortions in photographed book pages. I need to do this in a batch mode too.

Looking through gimp plugin database, I've noticed refract plugin seems to promise the needed functionality (passing through a lens with lens strength proportional to . However, it seems to be obsolete and I can't get it compiled against gimp v2. After some patching it compiles up to creating of widgets and dialogs part but that's where I'm definitely stuck.

I do not know anything about GTK programming and/or GIMP programming and/or GIMP itself. Could somebody point me to plugin with equivalent functionality or to a version that works or to something which would allow me to get the work done?

there is a template and many things to help at http://developer.gimp.org

it is probably as simple as changing a few calls and does not even need extensive gtk experience. i think that if you fit the old stuff into the new template there, it will all make sense and easily work after that.

carol

Sven Neumann
2004-10-11 23:50:20 UTC (over 19 years ago)

refract or equivalents?

Hi,

Carol Spears writes:

there is a template and many things to help at http://developer.gimp.org

it is probably as simple as changing a few calls and does not even need extensive gtk experience. i think that if you fit the old stuff into the new template there, it will all make sense and easily work after that.

The plug-in template is an example of how to setup the build for a large-scale plug-in with lots of source and data files. It would be overkill to use the plug-in template for this simple plug-in.

Looking at http://developer.gimp.org/api/2.0/ will definitely help. Including the file gimpcompat.h will also help while porting the plug-in to the GIMP 2.0 API.

Sven

GSR - FR
2004-10-12 00:08:13 UTC (over 19 years ago)

refract or equivalents?

grog@grsu.by (2004-10-11 at 1810.29 +0300):

First hit for gimp refract http://gimp-plug-ins.sourceforge.net/refract/

GSR

Aewyn
2005-01-02 22:12:16 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Alt+ shortcuts

Hi,

as for gimp 2.2 I can not use any shotcuts with Alt. (like x) In gimp 2.0 it works well.

I don't know if it is a bug or a feature, but it would be fine to use shortcuts with Alt.

Thanks, Aewyn.

Eric Pierce
2005-01-02 22:55:28 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Alt+ shortcuts

Is 'Preferences>Interface>Show menu mneumonics' checked on?

On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 10:12:16PM +0100, Aewyn wrote:

Hi,

as for gimp 2.2 I can not use any shotcuts with Alt. (like x) In gimp 2.0 it works well.

I don't know if it is a bug or a feature, but it would be fine to use shortcuts with Alt.

Thanks, Aewyn.

Aewyn
2005-01-02 23:38:31 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Alt+ shortcuts

Yes, of couse, but now I must to refine:

Work :) with Alt:

Q,W,U,I,O,?,Ú,D,L,É,Á,?,I

but other keys don't. :( It doesn't seems any correlation with keyboard layout.

Thanks, Aewyn

On Sunday 02 January 2005 22.55, Eric Pierce wrote:

On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 10:12:16PM +0100, Aewyn wrote:

Hi,

Thanks, Aewyn.

Matthias Julius
2005-01-03 22:14:23 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Alt+ shortcuts

Aewyn writes:

but other keys don't. :( It doesn't seems any correlation with keyboard layout.

Does your window manager (KDE?) catch them?

Matthias

Sven Neumann
2005-01-03 23:36:43 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Alt+ shortcuts

Hi,

Aewyn writes:

but other keys don't. :(

See, if you would learn to quote and had put your reply below the answer that was given to you, you would perhaps have noticed that you had been asked an important question. Let me point you to it again:

On Sunday 02 January 2005 22.55, Eric Pierce wrote:

You answered "Yes, of course". Well, there's your problem. You have mnemonics enabled which means that you can't use a good deal of Alt shortcuts, or more exactly, none of the characters that are used for toplevel mnemonics.

Sven

Aewyn
2005-01-04 00:10:17 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Alt+ shortcuts

You answered "Yes, of course". Well, there's your problem. You have mnemonics enabled which means that you can't use a good deal of Alt shortcuts, or more exactly, none of the characters that are used for toplevel mnemonics.

Sven

Oh, sorry; stupid me.
I set it off, restart gimp, but nothing changes.

Does your window manager (KDE?) catch them?

I think, KDE does not catch it, because I try it via preferences menu, but it refuses setting shortcuts.

And yes, I know it is my mistake, my ignorance; but the problem exists. :/

Thanks, Aewyn