RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Changing sky colour.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Changing sky colour. Jenny Drake 01 Oct 15:53
  Changing sky colour. Carol Spears 01 Oct 18:03
Jenny Drake
2004-10-01 15:53:24 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Changing sky colour.

I recently asked a question on the Decompose function and where it had gone to in the Gimp V2. This was promptly answered. I use this function as part of a process flow to change the blue colour in sky without affecting the clouds, or anything else. Jim Clark (of this list) was interested in the process that I use. Over the course of a number of emails we had enough screen shots and text to form a short tutorial. I've written it up and placed this on my site for your edification and delight.
http://www.photojenic.co.uk/home-page/gimp-sky-colour.html

Jenny

Carol Spears
2004-10-01 18:03:44 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Changing sky colour.

hello,
On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 02:53:24PM +0100, Jenny Drake wrote:

I recently asked a question on the Decompose function and where it had gone to in the Gimp V2. This was promptly answered. I use this function as part of a process flow to change the blue colour in sky without affecting the clouds, or anything else. Jim Clark (of this list) was interested in the process that I use. Over the course of a number of emails we had enough screen shots and text to form a short tutorial. I've written it up and placed this on my site for your edification and delight.
http://www.photojenic.co.uk/home-page/gimp-sky-colour.html

this is a wonderful tutorial. thank you so much for writing it.

so much of the gimp's things, the scripts and such were written in the way you described.

the best things in life are free,

thanks again for the tutorial :)

carol