RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

16 bit TIFF files

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

16 bit TIFF files Danikamom 16 Aug 14:13
  16 bit TIFF files Alexandre Prokoudine 16 Aug 14:18
   16 bit TIFF files Danikamom 16 Aug 18:32
    16 bit TIFF files Partha Bagchi 16 Aug 19:59
2014-08-16 14:13:36 UTC (over 9 years ago)
postings

16 bit TIFF files

I use an astrophotography program called Deep Sky Stacker. The output is a 16 or 32 bit TIFF file. I've been waiting for high bit TIFF support, downloaded 2.8.10 and it will import at least a 16 bit file....but with a whole window full of errors that I can't read before it goes away. They don't seem to be in the error console either. Should I worry or ignore since the file does open?

The program uses settings for adjustments that are stored as private TIFF tags. I assume the errors may be generated from this.

Thanks

Alexandre Prokoudine
2014-08-16 14:18:30 UTC (over 9 years ago)

16 bit TIFF files

16 авг. 2014 г. 18:13 пользователь "Danikamom" написал:

I use an astrophotography program called Deep Sky Stacker. The output is

a 16

or 32 bit TIFF file. I've been waiting for high bit TIFF support,

downloaded

2.8.10 and it will import at least a 16 bit file....

It won't. Please wait for v2.10 or download an unstable build (see downloads section for links).

Alex

bu

2014-08-16 18:32:50 UTC (over 9 years ago)
postings

16 bit TIFF files

a 16
downloaded
It won't. Please wait for v2.10 or download an unstable build (see downloads section for links).

So what is gimp doing? The file does open, albeit with errors. I do not get the old message about converting to 8bit and loosing information.

Would be nice if error messages stayed up or could be caught.formiqu

Partha Bagchi
2014-08-16 19:59:43 UTC (over 9 years ago)

16 bit TIFF files

What Alex probably meant was the 16-bit tiffs cannot be opened as 16-bit. Gimp 2.8.x or less will open a 16-tiff as an 8-bit tiff.

To get rid of the messages onscreen, open an error console (it's one of the tabs that you can add ) and all the warnings/errors will go into that console.

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 2:32 PM, Danikamom wrote:

a 16
downloaded

So what is gimp doing? The file does open, albeit with errors. I do not get
the old message about converting to 8bit and loosing information.

Would be nice if error messages stayed up or could be caught.formiqu

-- Danikamom (via www.gimpusers.com/forums) _______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list