RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

no print menu in Gimp

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

no print menu in Gimp David Mitschelen 29 Jul 23:34
  no print menu in Gimp Sven Neumann 30 Jul 03:05
   no print menu in Gimp Brion Vibber 30 Jul 06:22
    no print menu in Gimp Sven Neumann 30 Jul 12:48
     no print menu in Gimp David Mitschelen 30 Jul 14:54
      no print menu in Gimp Sven Neumann 30 Jul 21:59
David Mitschelen
2004-07-29 23:34:51 UTC (over 19 years ago)

no print menu in Gimp

I've installed Gimp 1.2.4 on my ibook running Jaguar. Gimp seems to work fine but has no print menu and there is no print plug-in listed in the plug-in folder. I installed gimpprint 4.2.7 and ghostscript but still no menu. I take it Gimp doesn't automatically detect the plug-in. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

Sven Neumann
2004-07-30 03:05:19 UTC (over 19 years ago)

no print menu in Gimp

Hi,

David Mitschelen writes:

I've installed Gimp 1.2.4 on my ibook running Jaguar. Gimp seems to work fine but has no print menu and there is no print plug-in listed in the plug-in folder. I installed gimpprint 4.2.7 and ghostscript but still no menu. I take it Gimp doesn't automatically detect the plug-in. Any help would be appreciated.

Is there a particular reason for using GIMP 1.2 and not the 2.0.3 build (for example from http://gimp-app.sourceforge.net/) ?

Sven

Brion Vibber
2004-07-30 06:22:43 UTC (over 19 years ago)

no print menu in Gimp

Sven Neumann wrote:

David Mitschelen writes:

Is there a particular reason for using GIMP 1.2 and not the 2.0.3 build (for example from http://gimp-app.sourceforge.net/) ?

The Gimp.app build is very convenient but unfortunately it doesn't run on Jaguar. It probably builds from source, though... DarwinPorts might work.

Printing works for me with the current Gimp.app release on Panther, though someone else has reported not finding the print menu item. I'm not sure what factors might be involved there.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Sven Neumann
2004-07-30 12:48:56 UTC (over 19 years ago)

no print menu in Gimp

Hi,

Brion Vibber writes:

The Gimp.app build is very convenient but unfortunately it doesn't run on Jaguar. It probably builds from source, though... DarwinPorts might work.

"port install gimp2" worked like a charm last time I tried. Unfortunately the port has not yet been updated, it is still at 2.0.1 :( I am Cc'ing the maintainer in the hope that he doesn't mind being reminded to update the portfile...

Sven

David Mitschelen
2004-07-30 14:54:22 UTC (over 19 years ago)

no print menu in Gimp

thanks for the suggestions. I tried installing with DarwinPorts on Jaguar but DarwinPorts only returned errors when I tried to install. I was told Jaguar didn't support images, so I went back to Fink and the older Gimp. Since my hard drive is nearly full, I've installed Fink (and Gimp) on an external drive. I've been able to use Gimp to open and manipulate images, but the only way to print has been to save the file and open it from another application (Preview). Gimp-print downloaded as an install image so it probably installed to the internal drive. Could that be the problem?

Brion Vibber writes:

"port install gimp2" worked like a charm last time I tried. Unfortunately the port has not yet been updated, it is still at 2.0.1 :(
I am Cc'ing the maintainer in the hope that he doesn't mind being reminded to update the portfile...

Sven Neumann
2004-07-30 21:59:59 UTC (over 19 years ago)

no print menu in Gimp

Hi,

David Mitschelen writes:

thanks for the suggestions. I tried installing with DarwinPorts on Jaguar but DarwinPorts only returned errors when I tried to install. I was told Jaguar didn't support images, so I went back to Fink and the older Gimp. Since my hard drive is nearly full, I've installed Fink (and Gimp) on an external drive. I've been able to use Gimp to open and manipulate images, but the only way to print has been to save the file and open it from another application (Preview). Gimp-print downloaded as an install image so it probably installed to the internal drive. Could that be the problem?

If the print plug-in is not in your plug-in search path (see Preferences), then GIMP can of course not see it.

Sven