Tutorial: Create a simple Grunge-Stamp!
- Create a new picture (e.g. 650×650).
- Choose a color for the stamp text, I have used a red one: #dd0000.
- Now write a text using the text-tool
Now we make the text look better by adding a border to it
- Therefore add a new layer and activate it
- Choose the Selection-Tool and drag a border. The distance to each side shoud be approximately the same to look asthetically.
- Select / Border… (5px depending how thick the border shoud be)
- Edit / Fill with FG Color
- Select / None
It should look like this:
In this step we rotate the picture
- right click the layer and choose “Merge down”
- Choose the Rotate Tool and rotate the picture to a desired position
Now we’re coming to the Grunge-Effect:
- Layer / Mask / Add Layer Mask (White)
- Choose Paintbrush (Brushtyp Confetti)
- Reset the color to black (use D on your keyboard)
- Paint at will on the Layer mask (Black becomes transparent, so it looks white)
Second part of the noise:
- Choose Ink Tool
- Opacity: 70-80%
- Size: 6
- Typ: rhombus
- Shape: thin, so you have to drag the pointer a little bit down
- Paint again at will (sometimes a little bit faster and slower)
- Opacity could be change for some strokes to 80-90%, so there is some variety in it
We’re done! I hope you like your newly created stamp ;)