RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Drawing a line...

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Drawing a line... Jogchum Reitsma 11 Jul 16:54
  Drawing a line... Jeff Trefftzs 11 Jul 19:43
  Drawing a line... Jake 11 Jul 20:36
  Drawing a line... Sven Neumann 12 Jul 09:28
Jogchum Reitsma
2004-07-11 16:54:45 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Drawing a line...

I have a problem in simply drawing a line in an existing .png-file...

I have loaded the file (a map of a village in .png-format), and I have been able to add two lines of text to it with the text-tool. This tool created two extra layers.

I also want to add some straight lines to the image with the 'sharp pencil'-tool, but I seem unable to do so. I select the tool , and the coursor shape appears correct in the drawing. But when I try to really draw a line by pressing the left button of my mouse, nothing happens (except the cursor disappearing while I press the mouse button). If I press the Shift-button while pressing the left mouse button, I see a line between the two points, as expected, but as soon as I releive the mouse button the line disappears.

I have added a special layer for it, but that doesn't help too. I've selected the whole image on the original layer, but also nothing. I tried several other thing, nothing.

When I make a completely new image, the sharp pencil do what I expect from it.

I use Gimp 2.0, on SuSE Linux 9.0.

What do I do wrong?

Any help appreciated!

kind greetings, Jogchum Reitsma

Jeff Trefftzs
2004-07-11 19:43:43 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Drawing a line...

On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 07:54, Jogchum Reitsma wrote:

Odd. Can't duplicate that behavior here.

Are you drawing on a visible layer? I didn't have any trouble with either rgb or indexed pngs. Have you perhaps selected a transparent layer with preserve transparency turned on?

HTH,

Jake
2004-07-11 20:36:02 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Drawing a line...

On Sunday 11 July 2004 15:54, Jogchum Reitsma wrote:

Maybe check carefully the "pencil options".

Sven Neumann
2004-07-12 09:28:27 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Drawing a line...

Hi,

Jogchum Reitsma writes:

I have loaded the file (a map of a village in .png-format), and I have been able to add two lines of text to it with the text-tool. This tool created two extra layers.

I also want to add some straight lines to the image with the 'sharp pencil'-tool, but I seem unable to do so. I select the tool , and the coursor shape appears correct in the drawing. But when I try to really draw a line by pressing the left button of my mouse, nothing happens (except the cursor disappearing while I press the mouse button). If I press the Shift-button while pressing the left mouse button, I see a line between the two points, as expected, but as soon as I releive the mouse button the line disappears.

I have added a special layer for it, but that doesn't help too. I've selected the whole image on the original layer, but also nothing. I tried several other thing, nothing.

You are most probably trying to draw on an empty layer and have the "Keep Transparency" toggle checked in the Layers dialog.

Sven