RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Looking for PhotoShop-tutorial -- making flames in GIMP?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Looking for PhotoShop-tutorial -- making flames in GIMP? Baard Ove Kopperud 03 Jun 03:40
Looking for PhotoShop-tutorial -- making flames in GIMP? William Skaggs 03 Jun 18:17
  Looking for PhotoShop-tutorial -- making flames in GIMP? Avi Schwartz 03 Jun 18:26
Baard Ove Kopperud
2004-06-03 03:40:43 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

A while back there was a question on this list wheter or not it would be breaking any copyright to "translate" a PhotoShop-tutorial about making a flame-effect to implement it under GIMP.

Unfortunately, I just re-installed my system, so I'm not sure where the mails about this went... I was therefor hoping that somemone could give me the URL for this tutorial -- and possibly give me tips about things to watch-out for when trying it with GIMP.

-Koppe

William Skaggs
2004-06-03 18:17:12 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Baard Ove Kopperud wrote:

A while back there was a question on this list wheter or not it would be breaking any copyright to "translate" a PhotoShop-tutorial about making a flame-effect to implement it under GIMP.

Unfortunately, I just re-installed my system, so I'm not sure where the mails about this went... I was therefor hoping that somemone could give me the URL for this tutorial -- and possibly give me tips about things to watch-out for when trying it with GIMP.

The archives of this list are available on the net, at:

http://www.mail-archive.com/gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/

Concerning the copyright question, the answer is that you would not be breaking any copyright for PhotoShop per se, but you may well be breaking copyright for the tutorial. The only way to tell is to read the copyright notice. If you cannot find one, then I suggest that you contact the author of the tutorial.

Best, -- Bill

______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ Sent via the KillerWebMail system at primate.ucdavis.edu

Avi Schwartz
2004-06-03 18:26:53 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

On Jun 3, 2004, at 11:17, William Skaggs wrote:

Baard Ove Kopperud wrote:

The archives of this list are available on the net, at:

http://www.mail-archive.com/gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/

I think the Photoshop tutorial you are referring to is here:

http://www.photoshoptechniques.com/main/defaulth.php

I don't know about the copyright implications though.

Avi