RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Color -> transparency

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Color -> transparency Egon Brinken 02 Jun 20:56
  Color -> transparency Andrew Gaffney 02 Jun 20:55
   Color -> transparency Egon Brinken 03 Jun 13:15
  Color -> transparency Irek Slonina 02 Jun 21:00
Color -> transparency William Skaggs 02 Jun 21:59
Andrew Gaffney
2004-06-02 20:55:20 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Color -> transparency

Egon Brinken wrote:

I have a gif-picture, with two layers. The one transparent.

How can I subtract one specific color from the picture layer, e.g. let the uniform colored background be replaced by transparency? (The resulting picture must be saved as a gif-file, I presume. It shall be used on my web-pages)

The way I've found is to Select by Color using the background, Invert the selection, Copy, and Paste into a new image with a Transparent background.

Egon Brinken
2004-06-02 20:56:18 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Color -> transparency

I have a gif-picture, with two layers. The one transparent.

How can I subtract one specific color from the picture layer, e.g. let the uniform colored background be replaced by transparency? (The resulting picture must be saved as a gif-file, I presume. It shall be used on my web-pages)

Egon

Irek Slonina
2004-06-02 21:00:02 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Color -> transparency

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Egon Brinken wrote:

(I haven't got English locales then the names could be a bit different)

Plug-ins->Colors->Color to alpha. Copy your color of the background to the box and you have what you wanted.

br.

William Skaggs
2004-06-02 21:59:09 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Color -> transparency

Egon Brinken wrote:

How can I subtract one specific color from the picture layer, e.g. let the uniform colored background be replaced by transparency?

The "Color to Alpha" filter does exactly what you want -- access it using the menu path "Filters -> Colors -> Color to Alpha".

Best, -- Bill

______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ Sent via the KillerWebMail system at primate.ucdavis.edu

Egon Brinken
2004-06-03 13:15:57 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Color -> transparency

onsdag 2. juni 2004, 20:55, you wrote :

The way I've found is to Select by Color using the background, Invert the selection, Copy, and Paste into a new image with a Transparent background.

Thanx. But I am relatively newbie. When I have selected by colour (Shift-O), the menu choice for inversion (Ctrl-I) is not active.

I would highly appreciate if you could explain me using "teaspoons". NB it is MY fault, not yours.

Yours sincerely Egon B