RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp-2.0.1

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp-2.0.1 Alf C Stockton 06 May 21:06
  Gimp-2.0.1 Dave Neary 07 May 09:00
Alf C Stockton
2004-05-06 21:06:45 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Gimp-2.0.1

I now, without too much trouble(thanks to a slick setup on Gimp's side) got 2.0.1 installed and running.
How do I now, to save space on my notebook, remove all previous versions of gimp without breaking anything?

---

Regards, Alf Stockton www.stockton.co.za

Shaw's Principle: Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will want to use it.

Dave Neary
2004-05-07 09:00:30 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Gimp-2.0.1

Hi Alf,

Alf C Stockton wrote:

I now, without too much trouble(thanks to a slick setup on Gimp's side) got 2.0.1 installed and running.
How do I now, to save space on my notebook, remove all previous versions of gimp without breaking anything?

Depending on your OS, and how you installed it, this will be different.

If you installed the 1.2 series on Windows from Jernej's installer, you can uninstall it. Similarly, if you installed from a package manager in a GNU/Linux distro, you can uninstall the package.

On the other hand, if you installed 1.2 from source, you can run "make uninstall" in the GIMP 1.2 source directory, and that will do the job.

Alternatively, you can delete everything in a gimp/1.3 and gimp/1.2 directory, and everything in the appropriate lib directory that has libgimp*-1.3* or 1.2*. This is probably the trckiest, and really isn't advisable :)

Cheers, Dave.