RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Merging same image/text on all layers

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Merging same image/text on all layers Steve M Bibayoff 03 May 22:33
  Merging same image/text on all layers David Neary 04 May 00:13
Steve M Bibayoff
2004-05-03 22:33:13 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hello,

How do you merge image/text on too all layers? I have created a multi layer image that will eventually be used as a anmated image. I need to add a logo and text that will be exactly the same on all layers. I can't figure out how to do it. I tried "Merge Down" option, but that give me a "There are not enough visible layers for a merge down" meassage. I've searched throught the docs, mailing list, and googles, but I didn't see anything with exactly what I need to do. This is on Gimp 2.0 on Windows 2000, if that is important info.

Sorry if this is obvious and well documented somewhere, I just couldn't find it.

TIA

Steve

David Neary
2004-05-04 00:13:05 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hi Steve,

Steve M Bibayoff wrote:

How do you merge image/text on too all layers? I have created a multi layer image that will eventually be used as a anmated image.

I'd suggest using GAP...

GAP creates animations from a numbered series of XCF files, so you get all the advantages of layers as well as cool functionality like onion-skinning and the most excellent move-path.

To add text to every frame in the same place, you would simply add it to the first and the last in the same place, and extrapolate.

At least, I think it should work like that :) I am afraid I don't know GAP that well. That said, doing it with layers is a pain. Your only option is to copy the text layer once for each layer, then select each text layer in turn and merge it down to the frame.

Cheers,
Dave.