RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

cant win, or break even and what are the rules anyway.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

cant win, or break even and what are the rules anyway. david 02 May 13:05
  cant win, or break even and what are the rules anyway. Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) 02 May 13:21
  cant win, or break even and what are the rules anyway. Sven Neumann 02 May 13:39
   cant win, or break even and what are the rules anyway. david 03 May 11:26
    cant win, or break even and what are the rules anyway. Owen 03 May 11:55
    cant win, or break even and what are the rules anyway. Sven Neumann 03 May 12:54
     cant win, or break even and what are the rules anyway. david 03 May 21:46
david
2004-05-02 13:05:15 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hi all

I am having no luck installing gimp 2 from source.

I am configuring using "./configure --enable-shared".

This is not working.

This is what I get at the end/crash.

checking for libgtkhtml-2.0 >= 2.0.0... Package libgtkhtml-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgtkhtml-2.0.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'libgtkhtml-2.0' found
configure: WARNING: *** Help browser plug-in will not be built (GtkHtml2 not found) ***
checking for librsvg-2.0 >= 2.2.0... Package librsvg-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `librsvg-2.0.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'librsvg-2.0' found
configure: WARNING: *** SVG import plug-in will not be built (librsvg not found) ***
checking for gimpprint-config... no
checking for GIMP-PRINT - version >= 4.2.0... no *** The gimpprint-config script installed by GIMP-PRINT could not be found *** If GIMP-PRINT was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in *** your path, or set the GIMPPRINT_CONFIG environment variable to the *** full path to gimpprint-config.
configure: error:
*** Check for libgimpprint failed. You can download it from *** http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/ or you can build without it by passing
*** --disable-print to configure (but you won't be able to print then).

There is a problem though. The packages are present. I have added /usr/lib to the ld.so.conf file and ldconfiged. Still no luck.

Why is this happening?

Cheers and kind regards in advance.

David

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)
2004-05-02 13:21:28 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Le 02.05.2004 13:05:15, david a écrit :

Hi all

[ ... ]

checking for libgtkhtml-2.0 >= 2.0.0... Package libgtkhtml-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgtkhtml-2.0.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'libgtkhtml-2.0' found
configure: WARNING: *** Help browser plug-in will not be built (GtkHtml2 not found) ***
checking for librsvg-2.0 >= 2.2.0... Package librsvg-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing `librsvg-2.0.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'librsvg-2.0' found

[ ... ]

There is a problem though. The packages are present. I have added / usr/lib to the ld.so.conf file and ldconfiged. Still no luck.

The packages are present .. Bau di you have the *developement* packages installed too? (probably something like -dev depending of your distribution).

--
- Jean-Luc

Why is this happening?

Cheers and kind regards in advance.

David

Sven Neumann
2004-05-02 13:39:14 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hi,

david writes:

--enable-shared is the default.

This is not working.

checking for librsvg-2.0 >= 2.2.0... Package librsvg-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `librsvg-2.0.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'librsvg-2.0' found
configure: WARNING: *** SVG import plug-in will not be built (librsvg not found) ***
checking for GIMP-PRINT - version >= 4.2.0... no *** The gimpprint-config script installed by GIMP-PRINT could not be found *** If GIMP-PRINT was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in *** your path, or set the GIMPPRINT_CONFIG environment variable to the *** full path to gimpprint-config.
*** Check for libgimpprint failed. You can download it from *** http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/ or you can build without it by passing

There is a problem though. The packages are present. I have added /usr/lib to the ld.so.conf file and ldconfiged. Still no luck.

Why is this happening?

Are you sure that you have got development packages installed for these? Does pkg-config see libgtkhtml-2.0 and librsvg-2.0? Did you adjust the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable as suggested in the configure output? Did you check if gimpprint-config is available on your system and in your PATH? Did you read the file INSTALL which explains how to deal with these problems?

Sven

david
2004-05-03 11:26:24 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hi

I have been downloading devel packages and some of the problems have gone, apart from

I have the correct gimpprint installed. But is not recognised.

[david@localhost david]$ rpm -qa | grep gimp gimp-1.2.5-10mdk
libgimp1.2_1-devel-1.2.5-10mdk
libgimp1.2-1.2.5-10mdk
libgimp1.2_1-1.2.5-10mdk
xsane-gimp-0.92-1mdk
gimpprint-4.2.6-14mdk
libgimpprint1-4.2.6-14mdk

Did you
adjust the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable as suggested in the configure output?

I do not understand this.

Did you read the file INSTALL which explains how to deal with these problems?

Yes I have read the file.

kind regards..........david

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

david writes:

--enable-shared is the default.

This is not working.

Why is this happening?

Are you sure that you have got development packages installed for these? Does pkg-config see libgtkhtml-2.0 and librsvg-2.0? Did you adjust the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable as suggested in the configure output? Did you check if gimpprint-config is available on your system and in your PATH? Did you read the file INSTALL which explains how to deal with these problems?

Sven

Owen
2004-05-03 11:55:38 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

On Mon, 03 May 2004 10:26:24 +0100 david wrote:

Hi

I have been downloading devel packages and some of the problems have gone, apart from

Do you have a file gimpprint-config ? Where is it?

If not I think you need to install libgimpprint1-devel-4.2.XXX.mdk where XXX is your version number off your CD

Owen

Sven Neumann
2004-05-03 12:54:27 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hi,

david writes:

[david@localhost david]$ rpm -qa | grep gimp gimp-1.2.5-10mdk
libgimp1.2_1-devel-1.2.5-10mdk
libgimp1.2-1.2.5-10mdk
libgimp1.2_1-1.2.5-10mdk
xsane-gimp-0.92-1mdk
gimpprint-4.2.6-14mdk
libgimpprint1-4.2.6-14mdk

Looks like you are missing the libgimpprint development package. You can't compile any code using the gimpprint library without having the development package installed that contains the headers and the gimpprint-config script.

Did you adjust the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable as suggested in the configure output?

I do not understand this.

Please read the pkg-config manpage then.

Sven

david
2004-05-03 21:46:46 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hi

Thanks for the help and suggestions. I finally have got past the ./configure stage with no problems.

Do you have a file gimpprint-config ? Where is it?

If not I think you need to install libgimpprint1-devel-4.2.XXX.mdk where XXX is your version number off your CD

Actually I could not find the libgimpprint-devel that matched. I tried one higher, then one lower. The lower worked.

But once again thanks.

david