RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Cannot Drag/Drop jpgs

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Cannot Drag/Drop jpgs joedaddy 28 Feb 16:38
  Cannot Drag/Drop jpgs Patrick Horgan 28 Feb 17:59
  Cannot Drag/Drop jpgs Burnie West 28 Feb 19:49
2011-02-28 16:38:45 UTC (about 13 years ago)
postings

Cannot Drag/Drop jpgs

Hello all. I'm new to using GIMP. I was able to drag/drop 1 photo into the canvas but unable to drag anymore into same canvas. I have several layers with 1 photo, border effects, and type. but, cannot drag any additional jpg photos into project. Is there something that I am missing here?

Patrick Horgan
2011-02-28 17:59:08 UTC (about 13 years ago)

Cannot Drag/Drop jpgs

On 02/28/2011 08:38 AM, joedaddy wrote:

Hello all. I'm new to using GIMP. I was able to drag/drop 1 photo into the canvas but unable to drag anymore into same canvas. I have several layers with 1 photo, border effects, and type. but, cannot drag any additional jpg photos into project. Is there something that I am missing here?

Yes. If it's what I'm thinking of, it happens to all of us when learning GIMP. The image is of a certain size. If you created the image by dragging a picture onto GIMP, then it's the size of that picture. If you drag something to a place outside of that image size it won't show up. (Same thing happens with any layer, if you drag something outside the layer boundary if won't be visible.) The fix is to make the image big enough for all the things you want to show. You can do that from the image menu under canvas size. Then you'll be able to drag the layer created when you dragged the second pic into the new area. (I'm assuming it did work when you dragged the picture, but the new image is behind the old image and you can't see it.) If it's behind the first one, you'll not see it, but if you select its layer, click on the move tool and click and drag on the image you'll drag it out from under. Alternatively, you can raise it's layer in the layer dialog so you can see what you're doing. You do that by clicking on the layer label (the label will be the same as the name of the image you dragged onto GIMP), and then clicking the up arrow at the bottom of the layer dialog.

If I'm wrong, and that isn't the problem you were having, perhaps more explanation would help?

Patrick

p.s. If you subscribe to the list instead of using the forum it will be happier for you. Just click on the link at the bottom of this message and follow the instructions. Then the messages come to you in your email and you don't have to go to the forum to read them. You can send messages to the list by emailing to gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu

Burnie West
2011-02-28 19:49:24 UTC (about 13 years ago)

Cannot Drag/Drop jpgs

On 02/28/2011 08:38 AM, joedaddy wrote:

Another way is simply drag and drop all the images, then click on Image->fit canvas to layers. Look in the layer menu to see their order.