RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

a:2:{i:0;s:9:"(unknown)";i:1;s:0:"";}

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

a:2:{i:0;s:9:"(unknown)";i:1;s:0:"";} gds 01 Apr 15:08
  Sven Neumann 01 Apr 15:47
gds
2004-04-01 15:08:14 UTC (about 20 years ago)

a:2:{i:0;s:9:"(unknown)";i:1;s:0:"";}

I'm in the process of updating my scripts to 2.0. In this respect, I've got several question regarding the PDB.

First of all, is there any documentation that would list the changes to the pdb between 1.2.5 and 2.0 ? I realise that may be too many for such a list to have been produced.

Secondly, I like to use constant names instead of numeric values (such as EXPAND-AS-NECESSARY) as it makes the script clearer. I've noticed that the name of such constants have changed in 2.0 (now GIMP-EXPAND-AS-NECESSARY) but don't seem to be implemented (unbound variable error returned). Is it normal and is it going to change in the near future ?

Finally, one of my script use the gimp-path-get-point-at-dist function. I get a "Gimp-PDB-WARNING **: FIXME: path_get_point_at_dist() is unimplemented" when calling it. I've searched bugzilla and the gimp-developper archive but could not find anything on it. Is it going to be implemented ? Or is there any other way to get points on a path ?

Thanks,

Guillaume

Sven Neumann
2004-04-01 15:47:27 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

"gds" writes:

First of all, is there any documentation that would list the changes to the pdb between 1.2.5 and 2.0 ? I realise that may be too many for such a list to have been produced.

Have a look at the gimpcompat.h header. Basically it provides such a list.

Secondly, I like to use constant names instead of numeric values (such as EXPAND-AS-NECESSARY) as it makes the script clearer. I've noticed that the name of such constants have changed in 2.0 (now GIMP-EXPAND-AS-NECESSARY) but don't seem to be implemented (unbound variable error returned). Is it normal and is it going to change in the near future ?

When used from Script-Fu, the constant is still being called EXPAND-AS-NECESSARY; no such change has happened.

Finally, one of my script use the gimp-path-get-point-at-dist function. I get a "Gimp-PDB-WARNING **: FIXME: path_get_point_at_dist() is unimplemented" when calling it. I've searched bugzilla and the gimp-developper archive but could not find anything on it. Is it going to be implemented ? Or is there any other way to get points on a path ?

Could you please file a bug-report for this issue?

Sven