RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

building pre4 on Mandrake 9.2

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

building pre4 on Mandrake 9.2 Thomas Spuhler 08 Mar 19:34
  building pre4 on Mandrake 9.2 Sven Neumann 08 Mar 20:08
   building pre4 on Mandrake 9.2 Thomas Spuhler 08 Mar 20:34
   building pre4 on Mandrake 9.2 Thomas Spuhler 10 Mar 00:01
    building pre4 on Mandrake 9.2 Sven Neumann 10 Mar 01:48
     building pre4 on Mandrake 9.2 Thomas Spuhler 11 Mar 18:04
Thomas Spuhler
2004-03-08 19:34:40 UTC (about 20 years ago)

I am trying to build an rpm on Mandrake 9.2 but get the following major errors:
+ exit 0
Processing files: gimp-devel-2.0pre4-1 error: File not found by glob: /home/international/rpmbuild/tmp/gimp-2.0pre4-root/usr/lib/*.so error: File not found by glob: /home/international/rpmbuild/tmp/gimp-2.0pre4-root/usr/lib/*.a error: File not found by glob: /home/international/rpmbuild/tmp/gimp-2.0pre4-root/usr/lib/gimp/1.3/modules/*.a Processing files: gimp-docs-2.0pre4-1 Finding Provides: /usr/lib/rpm/filter.sh ' ' /usr/lib/rpm/find-provides Using BuildRoot: /home/international/rpmbuild/tmp/gimp-2.0pre4-root to search libs Finding Requires: /usr/lib/rpm/filter.sh ' ' /usr/lib/rpm/find-requires /home/international/rpmbuild/tmp/gimp-2.0pre4-root i586 Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix)

Where do I get this rmplib from? I tried to search but w/o luck

Sven Neumann
2004-03-08 20:08:16 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

Thomas Spuhler writes:

Are you trying to use the included spec file? That is not going to work, it is Fedora specific. You will need to use a spec file for Mandrake.

And don't expect the gimp.spec file from the pre-releases to be in the final 2.0 tarball. It will most likely not be there.

Sven

Thomas Spuhler
2004-03-08 20:34:18 UTC (about 20 years ago)

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 12:08, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Thomas Spuhler writes:

Are you trying to use the included spec file? That is not going to work, it is Fedora specific.

Yes, that is what I did. I changed the requires to the Mandrake names

You will need to use a spec file for Mandrake.

Does anybody have a working Mandrake spec file?

And don't expect the gimp.spec file from the pre-releases to be in the final 2.0 tarball. It will most likely not be there.

Sven _______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

Thomas Spuhler
2004-03-10 00:01:12 UTC (about 20 years ago)

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 12:08, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Thomas Spuhler writes:

Are you trying to use the included spec file? That is not going to work, it is Fedora specific. You will need to use a spec file for Mandrake.

I spent some time on this and I think I got it working. The rpm and srpm were built after I corrected the filenames towards the end of the spec file (in the files section). I would be surprised if it worked on Fedora. The filenames the make created were just different from the ones in the files section of the spec file.

Sven _______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list

Sven Neumann
2004-03-10 01:48:59 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

Thomas Spuhler writes:

I spent some time on this and I think I got it working. The rpm and srpm were built after I corrected the filenames towards the end of the spec file (in the files section). I would be surprised if it worked on Fedora. The filenames the make created were just different from the ones in the files section of the spec file.

Can you be more specific about the changes you had to do or perhaps post a diff or the modified spec file here? It would be nice to have this accessible from the mailing list archives.

Sven

Thomas Spuhler
2004-03-11 18:04:10 UTC (about 20 years ago)

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 17:48, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Thomas Spuhler writes:

Can you be more specific about the changes you had to do or perhaps post a diff or the modified spec file here? It would be nice to have this accessible from the mailing list archives.

Sven

_______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list

I think I was a little quick saying that the RPM build worked. Some of the needed files were not built ( they in fact were not in the lib directory where as about 10 others were. I'll work on it over the weekend.

;echo RESULT=$? error: Failed dependencies:
lcms is needed by gimp-2.0pre4-1
libgimp-1.3.27 is needed by gimp-2.0pre4-1 libgimp-1.3.so.24 is needed by gimp-2.0pre4-1 libgimpbase-1.3.27 is needed by gimp-2.0pre4-1 libgimpbase-1.3.so.24 is needed by gimp-2.0pre4-1 libgimpcolor-1.3.27 is needed by gimp-2.0pre4-1 libgimpcolor-1.3.so.24 is needed by gimp-2.0pre4-1 libgimpmath-1.3.27 is needed by gimp-2.0pre4-1 libgimpmath-1.3.so.24 is needed by gimp-2.0pre4-1 libgimpmodule-1.3.27 is needed by gimp-2.0pre4-1 libgimpmodule-1.3.so.24 is needed by gimp-2.0pre4-1 libgimpthumb-1.3.27 is needed by gimp-2.0pre4-1 libgimpui-1.3.27 is needed by gimp-2.0pre4-1 libgimpwidgets-1.3.27 is needed by gimp-2.0pre4-1 libgimpwidgets-1.3.so.24 is needed by gimp-2.0pre4-1