RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Help a novice...

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Help a novice... SCOTT ANDERSON 14 Jan 17:33
  Help a novice... Matt 15 Jan 19:25
   Help a novice... Dave Neary 16 Jan 09:39
SCOTT ANDERSON
2004-01-14 17:33:26 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Help a novice...

I'm running Win 98, and have downloaded the 2.0 to my program files. I don't know what to do from here. What program do I open it with? How do I get it up and going? I want to run it side by side with the 1.2.x version I have. Please help. Obviously a newbie...

Scott andersunz@earthlink.net
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

Matt
2004-01-15 19:25:58 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Help a novice...

At 09:33 AM 1/14/04 -0700, SCOTT ANDERSON wrote:

I'm running Win 98, and have downloaded the 2.0 to my program files. I don't know what to do from here. What program do I open it with? How do I get it up and going? I want to run it side by side with the 1.2.x version I have. Please help. Obviously a newbie...

You might find some help on the gimpwin-users list.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gimpwin-users/

I'll be watching for your post. The WinGIMP page has files and instructions for 1.2.4 but not for 2.0. I would like to know how to install 2.0 also.

Matt

Dave Neary
2004-01-16 09:39:32 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Help a novice...

Hi,

Matt wrote:

At 09:33 AM 1/14/04 -0700, SCOTT ANDERSON wrote:

I'm running Win 98, and have downloaded the 2.0 to my program files. I don't know what to do from here.

_I'll be watching for your post. The WinGIMP page has files and instructions for 1.2.4 but not for 2.0. I would like to know how to install 2.0 also.

Your choices are to use the installer (which was still at 1.3.23 when I last looked, although Jernej may have updated it since) or the .zips.

If you choose to use the .zips, then you need to download lots of packages, and basically unzip them all in the same place (create a directory c:\GIMP-2.0 and unzip everything) - for some .zips you may have to copy files from $PACKAGE_NAME/bin to bin (same thing for lib).

Once everything is unzipped, you should set the path to include the gtk+ files (if you installed them separately), and just run gimp-1.3.exe.

The installer is easier - just run gimp-installer.exe and it will install the program The Windows Way (TM).

Cheers, Dave.