RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Errors compiling

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Errors compiling BandiPat 28 Aug 03:06
  Errors compiling Sven Neumann 28 Aug 03:41
   Errors compiling BandiPat 28 Aug 04:41
Errors compiling Michael Schumacher 28 Aug 10:08
BandiPat
2003-08-28 03:06:23 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Errors compiling

Seems the new Gimp doesn't like my new gcc 3.3.1 or it really needs gtk2 2.2.3 to compile, not sure which. Any clues from the last bit of the make before it quit?
------------------------------------

gcc -g -O2 -Wall -o .libs/gimp-1.3 app_procs.o main.o batch.o errors.o libgimp_glue.o -Wl,--export-dynamic -Wl,--export-dynamic -Wl,--export-dynamic config/libappconfig.a gui/libappgui.a display/libappdisplay.a tools/libapptools.a widgets/libappwidgets.a core/libappcore.a pdb/libapppdb.a paint/libapppaint.a xcf/libappxcf.a text/libapptext.a vectors/libappvectors.a file/libappfile.a plug-in/libappplug-in.a paint-funcs/libapppaint-funcs.a base/libappbase.a composite/libappcomposite.a ../libgimpcolor/.libs/libgimpcolor-1.3.so ../libgimpmath/.libs/libgimpmath-1.3.so ../libgimpbase/.libs/libgimpbase-1.3.so ../libgimpmodule/.libs/libgimpmodule-1.3.so /tracerb/gimp/gimp-1.3.19/libgimpbase/.libs/libgimpbase-1.3.so ../libgimpwidgets/.libs/libgimpwidgets-1.3.so /tracerb/gimp/gimp-1.3.19/libgimpcolor/.libs/libgimpcolor-1.3.so /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so /usr/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so /usr/lib/libatk-1.0.so /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so /usr/lib/libpangoxft-1.0.so /usr/lib/libpangox-1.0.so /usr/lib/libart_lgpl_2.so -lm /usr/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so /usr/lib/libpango-1.0.so /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so -ldl /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lfontconfig /usr/lib/libfreetype.so -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
composite/libappcomposite.a(gimp-composite-mmx.o)(.text+0x941): In function `gimp_composite_dodge_rgba8_rgba8_rgba8_mmx': /tracerb/gimp/gimp-1.3.19/app/composite/gimp-composite-mmx.c:526: undefined reference to `rgba8_w256'
composite/libappcomposite.a(gimp-composite-mmx.o)(.text+0x9b1):/tracerb/gimp/gimp-1.3.19/app/composite/gimp-composite-mmx.c:526: undefined reference to `rgba8_w256'
composite/libappcomposite.a(gimp-composite-mmx.o)(.text+0xa84):/tracerb/gimp/gimp-1.3.19/app/composite/gimp-composite-mmx.c:565: undefined reference to `rgba8_w256'
composite/libappcomposite.a(gimp-composite-mmx.o)(.text+0xaf4):/tracerb/gimp/gimp-1.3.19/app/composite/gimp-composite-mmx.c:565: undefined reference to `rgba8_w256'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [gimp-1.3] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tracerb/gimp/gimp-1.3.19/app' make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/tracerb/gimp/gimp-1.3.19/app' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/tracerb/gimp/gimp-1.3.19' make: *** [all] Error 2

============= Patrick

Sven Neumann
2003-08-28 03:41:43 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Errors compiling

Hi,

BandiPat writes:

Seems the new Gimp doesn't like my new gcc 3.3.1 or it really needs gtk2 2.2.3 to compile, not sure which. Any clues from the last bit of the make before it quit?

Seems to be a problem with your compiler not liking the MMX code. You should be able to work around this problem by passing --disable-mmx to configure. However please file a bug-report for this problem and include the output from make that you posted here.

Sven

BandiPat
2003-08-28 04:41:50 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Errors compiling

On Wednesday 27 August 2003 09:41 pm, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

BandiPat writes:

Seems to be a problem with your compiler not liking the MMX code. You should be able to work around this problem by passing --disable-mmx to configure. However please file a bug-report for this problem and include the output from make that you posted here.

Sven

----------------------------------------

Ok, Thanks Sven, that did the trick! Gimp compiled find with that option in the ./configure. Don't remember now, but I think I forgot a dash too. No, no, I remember I copied and pasted from your message, so I could blame you if something went horribly wrong. ;o)

Thanks for the help and the great program.

Patrick

Michael Schumacher
2003-08-28 10:08:05 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Errors compiling

------------------------------------

gcc -g -O2 -Wall -o .libs/gimp-1.3 app_procs.o main.o batch.o errors.o libgimp_glue.o -Wl,--export-dynamic -Wl,--export-dynamic -Wl,--export-dynamic config/libappconfig.a gui/libappgui.a display/libappdisplay.a tools/libapptools.a widgets/libappwidgets.a core/libappcore.a pdb/libapppdb.a paint/libapppaint.a xcf/libappxcf.a text/libapptext.a vectors/libappvectors.a file/libappfile.a plug-in/libappplug-in.a paint-funcs/libapppaint-funcs.a base/libappbase.a composite/libappcomposite.a ../libgimpcolor/.libs/libgimpcolor-1.3.so ../libgimpmath/.libs/libgimpmath-1.3.so ../libgimpbase/.libs/libgimpbase-1.3.so ../libgimpmodule/.libs/libgimpmodule-1.3.so /tracerb/gimp/gimp-1.3.19/libgimpbase/.libs/libgimpbase-1.3.so ../libgimpwidgets/.libs/libgimpwidgets-1.3.so /tracerb/gimp/gimp-1.3.19/libgimpcolor/.libs/libgimpcolor-1.3.so /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so /usr/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so /usr/lib/libatk-1.0.so /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so /usr/lib/libpangoxft-1.0.so /usr/lib/libpangox-1.0.so /usr/lib/libart_lgpl_2.so -lm /usr/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so /usr/lib/libpango-1.0.so /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so -ldl /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lfontconfig /usr/lib/libfreetype.so -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
composite/libappcomposite.a(gimp-composite-mmx.o)(.text+0x941): In function `gimp_composite_dodge_rgba8_rgba8_rgba8_mmx': /tracerb/gimp/gimp-1.3.19/app/composite/gimp-composite-mmx.c:526: undefined reference to `rgba8_w256'

composite/libappcomposite.a(gimp-composite-mmx.o)(.text+0x9b1):/tracerb/gimp/gimp-1.3.19/app/composite/gimp-composite-mmx.c:526:

undefined reference to `rgba8_w256'

composite/libappcomposite.a(gimp-composite-mmx.o)(.text+0xa84):/tracerb/gimp/gimp-1.3.19/app/composite/gimp-composite-mmx.c:565:

undefined reference to `rgba8_w256'

composite/libappcomposite.a(gimp-composite-mmx.o)(.text+0xaf4):/tracerb/gimp/gimp-1.3.19/app/composite/gimp-composite-mmx.c:565:

undefined reference to `rgba8_w256' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [gimp-1.3] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tracerb/gimp/gimp-1.3.19/app' make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/tracerb/gimp/gimp-1.3.19/app' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/tracerb/gimp/gimp-1.3.19' make: *** [all] Error 2

=============

Hm, this looks like the errors I got on Win32 with gcc 3.2.3. I'll give it anonther try tonight and will file a bug (or comment an existing one, should it already have been created) if this still happens.

Michael