RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

4 annoying things in Gimp

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

4 annoying things in Gimp damianzalewski 04 Aug 22:21
  4 annoying things in Gimp David Gowers 05 Aug 01:13
damianzalewski
2007-08-04 22:21:05 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

1. When designing complicated project for example cd cover I often have to chain and unchain layers.

Would be nice if gimp would have option - unchain all.

2. I can't make gradients bigger the current image area. Couldn't it work like other tools.

3. Every time I want to move layer using move tool I have to click on this layer first to be able to use arrows keys on keyboard

4. I have to click on the top of image window to go to fulscreen mode (pressing TAB)

David Gowers
2007-08-05 01:13:07 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

On 8/5/07, damianzalewski wrote:

1. When designing complicated project for example cd cover I often have to chain and unchain layers.

Would be nice if gimp would have option - unchain all.

Maybe, but you can already do this in two clicks

1. shift-click on the layer chain to make a layer the only one chained 2. click on the layer chain to unchain that one too.

2. I can't make gradients bigger the current image area. Couldn't it work like other tools.

?
Works for me. Are you running GIMP on the dreaded Windows OS? ;)

3. Every time I want to move layer using move tool I have to click on this layer first to be able to use arrows keys on keyboard

At all, or on that layer? if at all, then see below about your WM. otherwise, you probably don't have that layer selected (== the active layer). If you can think of a way to improve this behaviour, then please say so.

4. I have to click on the top of image window to go to fulscreen mode (pressing TAB)

That sounds like it's related to your window manager not giving the image window focus.
Personally I find it best to set the focus to follow the mouse, then i needn't do any clicking.