RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

completely new layout of gimp site

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

completely new layout of gimp site damianzalewski 03 Aug 01:13
  completely new layout of gimp site Esteban Barahona 03 Aug 02:17
   completely new layout of gimp site damianzalewski 03 Aug 08:42
  completely new layout of gimp site Sven Neumann 03 Aug 08:40
damianzalewski
2007-08-03 01:13:17 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Hi

I want you to show completely new layout of gimp.org instead of this one at next.gimp.org

This is just a prototape.

Here's a link http://ps6.webd.pl/gimpweb/gimp_org.png

It is over 600kb png file so be patient

Esteban Barahona
2007-08-03 02:17:11 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

2007/8/2, damianzalewski :

Hi

I want you to show completely new layout of gimp.org instead of this one at next.gimp.org

I like it, it's better than the current one. But I suggest some changes: 1) there's too much wasted space on the top. this is the place that users see first, and currently it's a green bg. The dark menu should be on top. 2) the text should be text, not images. This font looks nice, but it seems not common. I haven't read the html, but it shouldn't be implemented as images just to use that font. This allows for users to change size and even the font (from useit).
3) there's 2 menus that look similar. it's better to have just one or make two menus with clearly different purposes. 4) -minor- there's 3 green bgs. Why not use an image bg and a solid color bg?
5) -minor- the dark menu could be horizontal (placed on top of the website). also there's no need to label it "menu". the blueish color may be used as a hover effect.
6) there's no graphics, at minimum place a logo that links to the /index.html (from useit, in /index.html it shouldn't be a link) and -optional- some screenshots.

Sven Neumann
2007-08-03 08:40:59 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 01:13 +0200, damianzalewski wrote:

Please post this to the gimp-web mailing-list. Here is not the place to discuss the web-site. And perhaps it would be a good idea to wait until the new site has gone online. Currently people are working hard on preparing everything for the GIMP 2.4 release and they are likely not going to have time to consider yet another web-site layout.

Sven

damianzalewski
2007-08-03 08:42:54 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Witam Esteban,

Friday, August 3, 2007, 2:17:11 AM, napisa?e/a?:

EB> 2007/8/2, damianzalewski :

Hi

EB> I like it, it's better than the current one. But I suggest some changes: EB> 1) there's too much wasted space on the top. this is the place that users EB> see first, and currently it's a green bg. The dark menu should be on top. EB> 2) the text should be text, not images. This font looks nice, but it seems EB> not common. I haven't read the html, but it shouldn't be implemented as EB> images just to use that font. This allows for users to change size and even EB> the font (from useit).
EB> 3) there's 2 menus that look similar. it's better to have just one or make EB> two menus with clearly different purposes. EB> 4) -minor- there's 3 green bgs. Why not use an image bg and a solid color EB> bg?
EB> 5) -minor- the dark menu could be horizontal (placed on top of the website). EB> also there's no need to label it "menu". the blueish color may be used as a EB> hover effect.
EB> 6) there's no graphics, at minimum place a logo that links to the EB> /index.html (from useit, in /index.html it shouldn't be a link) and EB> -optional- some screenshots.

1.Yes, the top is too big but I can be easily reduced by almost a half.

2. But it looks nice however it be changed with more common font

3. As a matter of fact submenu is optional too.

4,5,6 This is just prototype