RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Hue-Saturation tool with gradients

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Hue-Saturation tool with gradients Marius B 30 Jul 22:01
  Hue-Saturation tool with gradients Marius B 14 Aug 23:14
Marius B
2007-07-30 22:01:25 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Hello,

Yesterday I filled a bugreport 461658 about this, but I was advised, better to discus this matter here. There I have attached the patch and a mockup.

Currently, hue-saturation tool dialog has master button surrounded with 6 color boxes, whitch changes its color while regulating hue/lightness/saturation values. Unfortunately it makes this dialog unnesasary big and akward to use.

So my enhancement proposal would be to make this dialog look more like photoshop`s, but of course, not identical. In my opinion, those two hsl gradients can show quite alot information, even without looking at the modified picture itself. Most important, you can see seamless color transitions, and compare to the original gradient.

As a start, I just added those two gradients, without radicaly changing this meniu.

I should mention, that I encountered a problem with current svn version, that gimp_gradient_get_color_at function now requires gimpcontext, thou it is absolutely unnecessary in this case, so I dont know how to get it, and for now, I just made it optional in there.

Marius B
2007-08-14 23:14:02 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Hi,

It seems that nobody is interested in this enhancement, but IMO it`s a nice feature that is worth discussing. I would like to hear your opinion about my mockup of this dialog http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=92732 in bugreport
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=461658

I know it`s not perfect, but it`s obvious for me, that the current one needs some redesign.

Yesterday I filled a bugreport 461658 about this, but I was advised, better to discus this matter here. There I have attached the patch and a mockup.

Currently, hue-saturation tool dialog has master button surrounded with 6 color boxes, whitch changes its color while regulating hue/lightness/saturation values. Unfortunately it makes this dialog unnesasary big and akward to use.

So my enhancement proposal would be to make this dialog look more like photoshop`s, but of course, not identical. In my opinion, those two hsl gradients can show quite alot information, even without looking at the modified picture itself. Most important, you can see seamless color transitions, and compare to the original gradient.

As a start, I just added those two gradients, without radicaly changing this meniu.

I should mention, that I encountered a problem with current svn version, that gimp_gradient_get_color_at function now requires gimpcontext, thou it is absolutely unnecessary in this case, so I dont know how to get it, and for now, I just made it optional in there.

Looking forward to healthy discussion Marius