RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Checking type for a GimpDisplayShell in 2.3.16

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Checking type for a GimpDisplayShell in 2.3.16 Michael Terry 15 May 18:10
  Checking type for a GimpDisplayShell in 2.3.16 Simon Budig 15 May 18:14
mailman.5.1179255604.2313.g... 07 Oct 20:25
  Checking type for a GimpDisplayShell in 2.3.16 Michael Terry 15 May 21:42
   Checking type for a GimpDisplayShell in 2.3.16 Sven Neumann 15 May 21:49
  Checking type for a GimpDisplayShell in 2.3.16 Michael Terry 16 May 00:05
Michael Terry
2007-05-15 18:10:13 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Hi all -

After presenting ingimp (http://www.ingimp.org) at LGM a week ago, it was suggested we port it to the 2.3.x developer branch. The port is almost complete, but I'm trying to understand a particular change between the 2.2.x and 2.3.x code trees.

In our interaction logging, we do a check to make sure a particular pointer is actually a GimpDisplayShell by using GIMP_IS_DISPLAY_SHELL(). In 2.2.x, this worked, but in 2.3.x there is a link error (undefined reference to gimp_display_shell_get_type). Our interaction logging code is linked in with app/core; where does this missing function reside so that we can use GIMP_IS_DISPLAY_SHELL?

Thanks for any help,

Michael Terry

Simon Budig
2007-05-15 18:14:33 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Hi Terry.

Michael Terry (mterry@cs.uwaterloo.ca) wrote:

After presenting ingimp (http://www.ingimp.org) at LGM a week ago, it was suggested we port it to the 2.3.x developer branch. The port is almost complete, but I'm trying to understand a particular change between the 2.2.x and 2.3.x code trees.

Yay!

reference to gimp_display_shell_get_type). Our interaction logging code is linked in with app/core; where does this missing function reside so that we can use GIMP_IS_DISPLAY_SHELL?

This is in app/display/gimpdisplayshell.h.

Hope this helps, Simon

Michael Terry
2007-05-15 21:42:58 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

reference to gimp_display_shell_get_type). Our interaction logging code is linked in with app/core; where does this missing function reside so that we can use GIMP_IS_DISPLAY_SHELL?

This is in app/display/gimpdisplayshell.h.

Simon -

Thanks for the quick response! The specific issue I'm encountering is that our code compiles just fine (we include app/display/gimpdisplayshell.h), but linking fails because it cannot find the gimp_display_shell_get_type function. I think the issue is that in app/display, this function exists *somewhere*, but when we link our logging code, the function cannot be found.

I'm probably missing something really simple here, but I know that in the 2.2.x branch, gimp_display_shell_get_type is explicitly defined in app/display/gimpdisplayshell.c. However, in 2.3.x, it is not explicitly defined in source code as far as I can tell. But it appears to exist somewhere because it can be found in the object files in the app/display directory. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Michael

Sven Neumann
2007-05-15 21:49:23 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 15:42 -0400, Michael Terry wrote:

I'm probably missing something really simple here, but I know that in the 2.2.x branch, gimp_display_shell_get_type is explicitly defined in app/display/gimpdisplayshell.c. However, in 2.3.x, it is not explicitly defined in source code as far as I can tell. But it appears to exist somewhere because it can be found in the object files in the app/display directory. What am I missing?

It is defined by means of the G_DEFINE_TYPE() macro. The macro expands to pretty much the same code as you find in the 2.2 tree.

Sven

Michael Terry
2007-05-16 00:05:02 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

I knew it would be something simple...

The link error was due to the ingimp logging code being linked in with gimp-console, which doesn't have GUI code linked to it.

Thanks for the assistance.

Michael

In our interaction logging, we do a check to make sure a particular pointer is actually a GimpDisplayShell by using GIMP_IS_DISPLAY_SHELL(). In 2.2.x, this worked, but in 2.3.x there is a link error (undefined reference to gimp_display_shell_get_type). Our interaction logging code is linked in with app/core; where does this missing function reside so that we can use GIMP_IS_DISPLAY_SHELL?

Thanks for any help,

Michael Terry