RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

dumb questions about enums, marshals, and building out of the srcdir

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

dumb questions about enums, marshals, and building out of the srcdir paul ? 11 May 03:02
paul ?
2006-05-11 03:02:25 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

dumb questions about enums, marshals, and building out of the srcdir

wondering why some *emums.c and *marshals.c live in the gimp cvs tree and others get generated at build time
the reason i wonder is because i build outside of the source directory, yet the makefiles assume these newly generated files live there example:
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/Source/gimp/gimp/libgimp -I.. -I/Source/gimp/gimp -I/opt/local/include/gtk-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/opt/local/include/atk-1.0 -I/opt/local/include/cairo -I/opt/local/include/pango-1.0 -I/opt/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/opt/local/include -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=\"LibGimp\" -D_REENTRANT -I/opt/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/glib-2.0/include
-DMAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED=MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_3 -I/opt/local/include -arch ppc -g -pipe -no-cpp-precomp -MT gimpuimarshal.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/gimpuimarshal.Tpo -c /Source/gimp/gimp/libgimp/gimpuimarshal.c -fno-common -DPIC -o .libs/gimpuimarshal.o gcc: /Source/gimp/gimp/libgimp/gimpuimarshal.c: No such file or directory gcc: no input files
now, i can easily overcome this problem by simply symbolically linking the newly generated files from the builddir into the srcdir, but that assumes that the builddir will always be where it is every time i build or i could probably hack a makefile.am but then i wouldnt get to send this message and get your input any of which would greatly be appreciated