RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

How to minimize main GIMP window

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

How to minimize main GIMP window Steven P. Ulrick 27 Apr 18:28
How to minimize main GIMP window Sven Neumann 28 Apr 00:15
Steven P. Ulrick
2006-04-27 18:28:46 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Hello, Everyone
My problem is that on the main GIMP interface, I do not see a minimize button. I looked through the "preferences" menu, especially the Window Management part, and I found nothing that would let me re-enable the minimize button. When I right click on the GIMP icon in my taskbar, "minimize" is greyed out. Every other window/dialog that GIMP opens has a minimize button, except the main application interface itself.
This has been bothering me for a while now, but the thing that prompted me to finally ask about it was when I tried to take a screenshot of my entire display and I could not get rid of the main GIMP interface. (Implied in the fact that this was an issue is that the thing I wanted to take a screenshot of was maximized. So, any information about how to re-enable the ability to minimize the GIMP would be greatly appreciated.

Steven P. Ulrick

P.S.: My OS is Fedora Core 5. I am running Gimp 2.3.9 from CVS. Also, "/etc/sysconfig/desktop" shows the following: DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE"
DESKTOP="KDE"

Sven Neumann
2006-04-28 00:15:18 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Hi,

"Steven P. Ulrick" writes:

My problem is that on the main GIMP interface, I do not see a minimize button. I looked through the "preferences" menu, especially the Window Management part, and I found nothing that would let me re-enable the minimize button.

Set the window type hint for the toolbox to "Normal".

Sven