RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

CMYK color support for the GIMP

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

CMYK color support for the GIMP Yavala 15 Aug 22:39
  CMYK color support for the GIMP Sven Neumann 17 Aug 10:45
Yavala
2005-08-15 22:39:56 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Hello everyone iam a student University of the south pacific(FIJI) . Just getting familar with the GIMP software.Now iam understaking a Software Engineering project that deals with improving the CMYK color support for the GIMP.More specifically to be able to convert CMYK color models to RGB into tiff formats from a scanner that is.
My understanding there exist a A plugin providing rudimentary CMYK support for The GIMP.However there a still some requirements that need to be done to improve it further.At the moment iam writing the analysis and design documentation.what iam asking if someone can help and give advice on how i should go about doing the project.I have been given 9 weeks to finish this project and have searched the net on anything to do with the GIMP.Also getting familar with the source code and every technical jargon that I have come across. I appreciate if someone would give a helping hand.

Sven Neumann
2005-08-17 10:45:09 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Hi,

Yavala writes:

Hello everyone iam a student University of the south pacific(FIJI) . Just getting familar with the GIMP software.Now iam understaking a Software Engineering project that deals with improving the CMYK color support for the GIMP.More specifically to be able to convert CMYK color models to RGB into tiff formats from a scanner that is. My understanding there exist a A plugin providing rudimentary CMYK support for The GIMP.However there a still some requirements that need to be done to improve it further.At the moment iam writing the analysis and design documentation.what iam asking if someone can help and give advice on how i should go about doing the project.I have been given 9 weeks to finish this project and have searched the net on anything to do with the GIMP.Also getting familar with the source code and every technical jargon that I have come across. I appreciate if someone would give a helping hand.

We might be able to give you a helping hand but we aren't able to read your mind. So if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask them.

Sven