RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

use stock gtk about dialog in plugins?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

use stock gtk about dialog in plugins? Alan Horkan 20 May 16:30
  use stock gtk about dialog in plugins? Sven Neumann 22 May 16:20
Alan Horkan
2005-05-20 16:30:56 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

I was looking at version 2.3 and was pleased to notice lots of little details that have been polished or tweaked.

For no particular reason I noticed some of the plugins have an About dialog and since the GIMP requires gtk 2.6 I started about getting them to use the GTK_STOCK_ABOUT button and the standard gtk about dialog.

I spent quite a while checking which applications use an about dialog and the list was extremely short:
Fractal Explorer
Gimpressionist
ImageMap
(Gfig used to but doesn't at least not in version 2.3)

Rather than getting these applications to use the new GTK About dialog I also considered removing the about dialog entirely (the information is still availalbe from the Plugin database if anyone wants it). However I didn't think this was a change developers would be eager to make and wasn't going to bother suggesting it until I read this existing comment by Sven which suggested completely removing the about dialog from the Fractal Explorer.
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=140202#c13

So would it be acceptable to remove the about button and dialog from both Fractal Explorer and Gimpressionist? If it is I'll file a request and try and provide a patch at some stage. Either way ImageMap should probably use the gtk stock about dialog, so I'll give that a try for starters.

Sincerely

- Alan H.

Sven Neumann
2005-05-22 16:20:46 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hi.

Alan Horkan writes:

I was looking at version 2.3 and was pleased to notice lots of little details that have been polished or tweaked.

For no particular reason I noticed some of the plugins have an About dialog and since the GIMP requires gtk 2.6 I started about getting them to use the GTK_STOCK_ABOUT button and the standard gtk about dialog.

Our policy is that plug-ins shouldn't have an about dialog. That's why you found so few plug-ins having one.

Sven