RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

building gimp-2.0.5 on Solaris 8

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

building gimp-2.0.5 on Solaris 8 Kenneth Simpson 04 Oct 00:46
  building gimp-2.0.5 on Solaris 8 Sven Neumann 04 Oct 10:27
Kenneth Simpson
2004-10-04 00:46:39 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi - I'm trying to build gimp-2.0.5 on Solaris 8 with gtk+-2.4.10 and I'm encountering problem with the gfig plugin not compiling.

The compile error is enclosed.

Also, I noticed gfig-stock.c is including

#include "images/gfig-stock-pixbufs.h"
which is an empty file.

Any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-- Ken

make[4]: Entering directory `/domus1/gimp/src/gimp-2.0.5/plug-ins/gfig' source='gfig-stock.c' object='gfig-stock.o' libtool=no \ depfile='.deps/gfig-stock.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/gfig-stock.TPo' \ depmode=gcc /bin/bash ../../depcomp \ /usr/devtools/bin/gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../.. -DXTHREADS -I/usr/gnome/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/gnome/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/gnome/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/gnome/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/gnome/include -I/usr/gnome/include/freetype2 -I/usr/gnome/include/ glib-2.0 -I/usr/gnome/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/gimp/include -I/usr/gnome/include -I/usr/gimp/include -DGDK_MULTIHEAD_SAFE -DGTK_ MULTIHEAD_SAFE -g -O2 -Wall -c `test -f 'gfig-stock.c' || echo './'`gfig-stock.c
gfig-stock.c: In function `gfig_stock_init': gfig-stock.c:93: `stock_bezier' undeclared (first use in this function) gfig-stock.c:93: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once gfig-stock.c:93: for each function it appears in.) gfig-stock.c:94: `stock_circle' undeclared (first use in this function) gfig-stock.c:95: `stock_copy_object' undeclared (first use in this function) gfig-stock.c:96: `stock_curve' undeclared (first use in this function) gfig-stock.c:97: `stock_delete_object' undeclared (first use in this function) gfig-stock.c:98: `stock_ellipse' undeclared (first use in this function) gfig-stock.c:99: `stock_line' undeclared (first use in this function) gfig-stock.c:100: `stock_move_object' undeclared (first use in this function) gfig-stock.c:101: `stock_move_point' undeclared (first use in this function) gfig-stock.c:102: `stock_polygon' undeclared (first use in this function) gfig-stock.c:103: `stock_spiral' undeclared (first use in this function) gfig-stock.c:104: `stock_star' undeclared (first use in this function) gfig-stock.c:106: `stock_logo' undeclared (first use in this function) make[4]: *** [gfig-stock.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/domus1/gimp/src/gimp-2.0.5/plug-ins/gfig' make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[3]: Leaving directory `/domus1/gimp/src/gimp-2.0.5/plug-ins/gfig' make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/domus1/gimp/src/gimp-2.0.5/plug-ins' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/domus1/gimp/src/gimp-2.0.5' make: *** [all] Error 2

--

"It is a capital mistake," Sherlock Holmes told Watson, "to theorize before one has data. One begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

--

"It is a capital mistake," Sherlock Holmes told Watson, "to theorize before one has data. One begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sven Neumann
2004-10-04 10:27:38 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Kenneth Simpson writes:

Hi - I'm trying to build gimp-2.0.5 on Solaris 8 with gtk+-2.4.10 and I'm encountering problem with the gfig plugin not compiling.

The compile error is enclosed.

Also, I noticed gfig-stock.c is including

#include "images/gfig-stock-pixbufs.h"
which is an empty file.

The file is generated, so if it is empty, something is wrong with your build setup. You probably got an error earlier that you didn't notice.

The file is generated using gdk-pixbuf-csource and the common cause of this problem is that the pixbuf loader modules aren't installed correctly. There should be a gdk-pixbuf.loaders file in the sysconf directory of your gtk+ installation that points to the installed pixbuf modules.

Sven