RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Newly added plug-ins - "artistic"?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Newly added plug-ins - "artistic"? Joao S. O. Bueno 14 Aug 08:30
  Newly added plug-ins - "artistic"? Sven Neumann 14 Aug 11:42
   Newly added plug-ins - "artistic"? Simon Budig 14 Aug 13:30
Joao S. O. Bueno
2004-08-14 08:30:41 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

I just tried the new photocopy, cartoon and softglow plug-ins, and IMHO, when compared to similiar ones, the correct colocation of them would not be in the "artistic" category. They'd better fall under "distorts", maybe with softglow going into "Light Effects"

I have not checked the wiki for menu reorganization, and do not even know if it is still scheduled, so these comments might be redundant. However, BUG #116145 activity show no big deal coming soon in menu re-arranging.

Regards,

JS ->

Sven Neumann
2004-08-14 11:42:50 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

"Joao S. O. Bueno" writes:

I just tried the new photocopy, cartoon and softglow plug-ins, and IMHO, when compared to similiar ones, the correct colocation of them would not be in the "artistic" category. They'd better fall under "distorts", maybe with softglow going into "Light Effects"

Artistic is perhaps not the right place (at least for Photocopy and Softglow, it makes a lot of sense for Cartoon) but why would you want to put them to Distorts? These plug-ins do not distort the pixels at all.

Sven

Simon Budig
2004-08-14 13:30:50 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Sven Neumann (sven@gimp.org) wrote:

Artistic is perhaps not the right place (at least for Photocopy and Softglow, it makes a lot of sense for Cartoon) but why would you want to put them to Distorts? These plug-ins do not distort the pixels at all.

Softglow seems to fit into the "Light Effects" category, Cartoon might as well be filed in the "Edge Detect" category, but "Artistic is OK as well. Photocopy is tricky but I think the "Artistic" category doesn't seem too off for me. I as well pondered about the "Colors" category.

Hmm. We could introduce a "Degrade" category (complementary to "Enhance"), put all the "noise" plugins there and the Photocopy thing as well.

Bye,
Simon