RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

script-fu gimp-flip problems? "procedural database execution failed"

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

Alan Horkan
2004-08-10 23:26:39 UTC (over 19 years ago)

I'm trying to port a script from gimp 1.2 to gimp 2

everything else works fine except gimp-flip "procedural database execution failed"

i tried searching for an answer but the only remotely similar thing suggested 'missing fonts' might be a problem

gimp-flip works fine in the script CoolMetal. I cannot see what I'm doing differently, my script worked fine in gimp 1.2.

gimp-flip is also in 3dTruchet but strangely commented out and didn't work for me when I uncommented it (and drawable is mispelt on the same line).

(i think gimp-flip might have worked in truchet but i dont recall)

Any ideas?

- Alan

PS it is inconvenient for me provide the script right now but I'll be submitting it soon anyway. (it is a rewrite of swirly-pattern.scm).

Simon Budig
2004-08-10 23:42:46 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Alan Horkan (horkana@maths.tcd.ie) wrote:

i tried searching for an answer but the only remotely similar thing suggested 'missing fonts' might be a problem

gimp-flip works fine in the script CoolMetal. I cannot see what I'm doing differently, my script worked fine in gimp 1.2.

gimp-flip is also in 3dTruchet but strangely commented out and didn't work for me when I uncommented it (and drawable is mispelt on the same line).

gimp-flip in 3dTruchet has an image parameter while cool metal has not.

Make sure that your script does not have an image parameter. Of course this is purely guessing, since you did not even provide the single line with the gimp-flip invocation...

Hope this helps, Simon

Alan Horkan
2004-08-11 16:11:25 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Alan Horkan wrote:

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 22:26:39 +0100 (BST) From: Alan Horkan
To: gimp-developer@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: script-fu gimp-flip problems? "procedural database execution failed"

here is the currently slightly broken gimp 2.0 version, you can find the relevant part of the file by searching for gimp-flip and it is clearly marked by cursing in block caps which some may find offensive http://matrix.netsoc.tcd.ie/~horkana/dev/gnome/gimp/script-fu/scripts/pattern-swirly.scm

and here is the perfectly working gimp 1.2 version http://matrix.netsoc.tcd.ie/~horkana/dev/gnome/gimp/script-fu/scripts/gimp-1.2/pattern-swirly.scm

there is a commented out line ;(gimp-flip temp-drawable2 0)
as well as
(script-fu-transform temp-image temp-drawable2)

which is simply a wrapper for (gimp-flip drawable 0) because I was trying various differnt things (invert, rotate, and I eventually decided on flip).
I did try various combinations (gimp 1.3.x and gimp 2.0.x on windows). I haven't yet tried gimp 2 on linux becuase I do not have a copy conveniently available at the moment.

everything else works fine except gimp-flip "procedural database execution failed"

Any ideas?

thanks for the suggestion Simon.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Sven Neumann
2004-08-11 16:27:51 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Alan Horkan writes:

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Alan Horkan wrote:

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 22:26:39 +0100 (BST) From: Alan Horkan
To: gimp-developer@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: script-fu gimp-flip problems? "procedural database execution failed"

here is the currently slightly broken gimp 2.0 version, you can find the relevant part of the file by searching for gimp-flip and it is clearly marked by cursing in block caps which some may find offensive

I just had a quick look but it seems that your script is trying to flip a drawable that hasn't been added to any image yet. GIMP 1.2 let you get away with such things but GIMP 2.0 is more strict. You absolutely need to add a drawable to an image if you want to perform further actions on it.

Sven

Simon Budig
2004-08-11 16:29:18 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Alan Horkan (horkana@maths.tcd.ie) wrote:

Any ideas?

The script for gimp 2.0 differs in an important detail from the script for 1.2: The newly created layer (gimp-layer-copy temp-drawable TRUE) does not get added to the image. The old script does this (within copy-add-offset).

You might want to try doing this in the new script as well. When I changed it here gimp-flip seems to work (although the pattern is probably not yet the desired one...).

Hope this helps, Simon