RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

O'Reilly sponsorship deal

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

O'Reilly sponsorship deal David Neary 04 Jun 20:16
  O'Reilly sponsorship deal Carol Spears 04 Jun 20:31
   O'Reilly sponsorship deal David Neary 04 Jun 23:26
    O'Reilly sponsorship deal Carol Spears 05 Jun 00:36
David Neary
2004-06-04 20:16:03 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hi all,

More good news. O'Reilly and Associates have agreed to be a major sponsor of the conference, and with some luck (and a few more donations) we will have enough money to pay some of the travel expenses of most people coming to GIMPCon (try decoding that).

In exchange, ORA are asking that we give them space for a targetted Safari bookshelf, which we would offer as a service on the website. I'm not sure what exactly is involved in integrating this, I expect that I will get the info I need from ORA soon.

We will also have some ORA marketting materials for the conference.

Cheers,
Dave.

Carol Spears
2004-06-04 20:31:46 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 08:16:03PM +0200, David Neary wrote:

Hi all,

More good news. O'Reilly and Associates have agreed to be a major sponsor of the conference, and with some luck (and a few more donations) we will have enough money to pay some of the travel expenses of most people coming to GIMPCon (try decoding that).

In exchange, ORA are asking that we give them space for a targetted Safari bookshelf, which we would offer as a service on the website. I'm not sure what exactly is involved in integrating this, I expect that I will get the info I need from ORA soon.

does that mean there would be someone available to explain what happened to my bindings? it should be obvious to most that i did not actually read these excellent tomes they produced for me.

there should probably be a hearty "welcome aboard" as i love these books and look forward to the day i might actually purchase more and test the new bindings.

also, does marketing tools mean tee-shirts? whee!

this company truly has some of the finest whores (ie people who would redo their work on broken crappy and wrong software after having done the work the right way originally) i have ever encountered. nice work. do we get some of them also? maybe some of their perl, python pros?

isnt Safari a macintosh software? that seems silly, but fine.

carol

David Neary
2004-06-04 23:26:15 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hi,

Carol Spears wrote:

No, it means books and banners, and some posters. But books are still OK...

Cheers,
Dave.

Carol Spears
2004-06-05 00:36:41 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 11:26:15PM +0200, David Neary wrote:

Hi,

Carol Spears wrote:

No, it means books and banners, and some posters. But books are still OK...

with any luck, you will be as wrong about this as you are about so many other things.

thanks for your good work getting GIMPCon to work. Maybe it could be called a GIMP Convention now?

carol