RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

tip of the day image location (1.2.5)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

20040120200012.E6C7B1026E@l... 07 Oct 20:22
  tip of the day image location (1.2.5) David Ashley-Smith 19 Feb 00:09
   tip of the day image location (1.2.5) Sven Neumann 19 Feb 02:35
David Ashley-Smith
2004-02-19 00:09:40 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Just a quick question regarding GIMP-1.2.5: I've been improving tips of the day, and would like to change the image associated with them. After a bit of fruitless looking around, I assume it is compiled into the GIMP executable. I couldn't find a matching image in the source code either though. Could someone tell me where it is?

Sven Neumann
2004-02-19 02:35:52 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

David Ashley-Smith writes:

Just a quick question regarding GIMP-1.2.5: I've been improving tips of the day, and would like to change the image associated with them. After a bit of fruitless looking around, I assume it is compiled into the GIMP executable. I couldn't find a matching image in the source code either though. Could someone tell me where it is?

Yes, the image is indeed compiled into the gimp-1.2 source code. app/wilber.h if I remember correctly.

Please note however that the 1.2 codebase is basically not being maintained any longer and since the tips are translated, we cannot change the tips in the stable branch, even if we wanted to spend that effort on the 1.2 tree.

Since we are close to the 2.0 release, we can also not do any changes to the tips file in the HEAD branch. We promised the translators to be conservative with string changes. But as soon as gimp-2.0 is out, we would very much welcome to integrate a reviewed tips tile. And of course we can also change the tips image (it is not compiled into gimp-2.0, but taken from data/images/wilber-wizard.png). The tips itself are found in tips/gimp-tips.xml.in. Note the .in suffix. This file is merged with the various translations to generate the final gimp-tips.xml that is then installed.

Sven