RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

2 issues concerning the current state of the gimp site

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

2 issues concerning the current state of the gimp site Joao S. O. Bueno 31 Aug 07:51
  2 issues concerning the current state of the gimp site Sven Neumann 01 Sep 11:17
Joao S. O. Bueno
2003-08-31 07:51:20 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Someone please forward this to the gimp-web list if apropriate.

Ok, first of all, there are these sentences inside:

"If you live in Europe, take the time to read some of the relevant articles and write to your MEPs now! If you live in the U.S., try to support the proposals to reform the U.S. patent system."

It feels a little starnge reading this and not living either in US or Europe. So I think that adding something not to limit the World to these locations would be fair. Something like inserting: "If you live in other locations, check the current state of software patentability on your countryand show your support against it as appropriate." after the sentences quoted above.

The other issue is that: http://www.gimp.org/devel_src.html

is pointing to 1.3.18 still.

Regards,

JS ->

Sven Neumann
2003-09-01 11:17:19 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

I think we should restore the original web-site tonight, so there's probably not much point in discussing the current state. However I think that it would be nice if the new gimp.org site could have a pointer to some pages that deal with the patent issues free software and GIMP in particular is facing.

The other issue is that:
http://www.gimp.org/devel_src.html

is pointing to 1.3.18 still.

I already changed the relevant file last week and as soon as the old site is back on-line, Raphael or me will type 'make' to have the version number change applied all over the place.

Sven