RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Cannot save my work ...

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Cannot save my work ... Philippe 11 Aug 13:09
Cannot save my work ... Carol Spears 11 Aug 15:26
Philippe
2003-08-11 13:09:29 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Cannot save my work ...

(gimp-1.3.16-2.fr / gimp-perl-1.2.3-16)

Hi, I am using gimp from rpm package. After making a image, with multiples layers, ans saving it under xcf format, I am trying to save it under PNG or another file type.

It works about 25% of the time. The other times, it just does nothing, no error message (even lauching Gimp from the console). Nothing is created ... nothing is saved.

I close Gimg, open the same xcf file again, and this is still impossible to save it. What is weird, is that if I change the content, adding a layer, or deleting one, it "could" work after ... or maybe not. Idem if I open another xcf, it could work.

Has anybody seen this problem before ?

Bypass : I launch Gimp 1.2, open the XCF file and save it with no problem under PNG for example.

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english

Carol Spears
2003-08-11 15:26:29 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Cannot save my work ...

Philippe wrote:

(gimp-1.3.16-2.fr / gimp-perl-1.2.3-16)

Hi, I am using gimp from rpm package. After making a image, with multiples layers, ans saving it under xcf format, I am trying to save it under PNG or another file type.

png does not save layers. I was wondering while I read this if you are trying to save as a png before flattening it.

carol