RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

(LONG) Problems with the GIMP (was: Re: tentative GIMP 2.0 r

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

(LONG) Problems with the GIMP (was: Re: tentative GIMP 2.0 r Phil Harper 28 Jul 01:21
Phil Harper
2003-07-28 01:21:25 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

(LONG) Problems with the GIMP (was: Re: tentative GIMP 2.0 r

To: Alan Horkan
CC: gimp-developer@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: Re: (LONG) Problems with the GIMP (was: Re: [Gimp-developer]tentative GIMP 2.0 release plans) Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 23:22:07 +0000 Alan Horkan writes:
> Any chance of binaries [for Win32] for testing?

If you ask nicely, I might be presuaded to zip up what I've got... (Just built it on Win32 for the first time in a while.)

i'd certainly be very very greatful indeed if you'd do that, please...

thnks

Phil

And what compiler did you use (wondering if I'll be able to get

gtk-wimp
> to work with the Gimp 1.3 on windows).

gcc version 3.2.3 (mingw special 20030504-1)

One irritating thing with GIMP on Windows currently is GTK bug #112402, I really need to fix that soon. GIMP's toolbox and some other windows are currently positioned with their title bar exactly off screen.

There also seems to be some handle leak when GIMP is starting up and queries all the plug-ins. Also, something needs to be done to #98737 soon. (Perhaps related, I had to start GIMP at least four times before it got past all the plug-ins and wrote out the pluginrc file.)

--tml