RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

broken app/core directory in anoncvs

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

broken app/core directory in anoncvs david gowers 16 Jul 02:31
  broken app/core directory in anoncvs Sven Neumann 15 Jul 13:10
Sven Neumann
2003-07-15 13:10:45 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Hi,

david gowers writes:

the app/core directory appears to have been deleted from anoncvs. various methods i tried hoping it was my error rather than a problem on the server have failed. (making a fake CVS/ directory, using the -d switch, both 'cvs update app/core' and chdiring to app/core and running 'cvs update', even eventually checking out the entire module separately) i get messages like 'cvs server: cannot open directory /cvs/gnome/gimp/app/core : no such file or directory'

I'm only guessing but I think you are experiencing the usual problem with anoncvs. anoncvs.gimp.org is not a single anoncvs server but a DNS round-robin. That means you will get a different CVS server every time you ask the nameserver to resolve the name. The problem is that at least one of the anoncvs servers is completely broken. You can fix this by hardcoding the IP of a working anoncvs server to your /etc/hosts file. A good anoncvs server seems to be located in sweden carrying the IP 130.239.18.151. So adding this line to /etc/hosts should fix your problem:

130.239.18.151 anoncvs.gimp.org

If you use anoncvs.gnome.org in CVSROOT, then make that

130.239.18.151 anoncvs.gnome.org

Sven

david gowers
2003-07-16 02:31:08 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

the app/core directory appears to have been deleted from anoncvs. various methods i tried hoping it was my error rather than a problem on the server have failed. (making a fake CVS/ directory, using the -d switch, both 'cvs update app/core' and chdiring to app/core and running 'cvs update', even eventually checking out the entire module separately) i get messages like 'cvs server: cannot open directory /cvs/gnome/gimp/app/core : no such file or directory'

this problem apparently happened about june 29 (about the time that yosh made some changes to gimp-mkenums,enumgen.pl,and core-enums.h, then regenerated core-enums.c, according to the changelog.), since i had 'cvs update'd the day before that with no problems.
i doubt that logmessage relates to the actual problem, i gave it to indicate a timeframe.

i am posting this here because i haven't found any information indicating where else such problem reports should be sent.