RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

state of gimp-help

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

state of gimp-help Sven Neumann 14 Apr 13:53
  state of gimp-help Carol Spears 14 Apr 17:22
   state of gimp-help Sven Neumann 14 Apr 17:47
Sven Neumann
2003-04-14 13:53:39 UTC (about 21 years ago)

state of gimp-help

Hi,

I wonder about the state of gimp-help for 1.4. I've looked into the CVS module gimp-help-2 where help development is supposed to happen (or am I wrong?) and it doesn't look as if much has happened here. We had some plans for changing how GIMP and the help system interact, but AFAIK nothing has changed here so far. Will we have help for 1.4 ?

Salut, Sven

Carol Spears
2003-04-14 17:22:33 UTC (about 21 years ago)

state of gimp-help

On 2003-04-14 at 1353.39 +0200, Sven Neumann typed this:

Hi,

I wonder about the state of gimp-help for 1.4. I've looked into the CVS module gimp-help-2 where help development is supposed to happen (or am I wrong?) and it doesn't look as if much has happened here. We had some plans for changing how GIMP and the help system interact, but AFAIK nothing has changed here so far. Will we have help for 1.4 ?

is is possible to be able to access gimp help with a different browser? i would like to use w3m with it.

carol

Sven Neumann
2003-04-14 17:47:17 UTC (about 21 years ago)

state of gimp-help

Hi,

Carol Spears writes:

is is possible to be able to access gimp help with a different browser? i would like to use w3m with it.

It already uses a running browser that implements the netscape-remote protocol. Of course this is not perfect and we should rather switch to using an external (and configurable) helper application that gets passed the URL and takes care of opening the page in whatever browser the user prefers. I'd rather like to get rid of the webbrowser plug-in that we use now. This is being tracked in bug #51632.

Salut, Sven