RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

I am a newbie, yes its true

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

I am a newbie, yes its true Patrick McFarland 30 Nov 12:13
Patrick McFarland
2002-11-30 12:13:18 UTC (over 21 years ago)

I am a newbie, yes its true

I want to develop stand alone 24bit -> 8bit converter function, and also a bicubic resizer. Now, I noticed gimp has really high quality versions.... would it be possible to convert gimps functions to do:

(with the converter) take an int 24bitimage[width][height] and return a char 8bitimage[width][height] and a int palette[256], those 256 entries being the 256 most used colors and all colors that dont match are set to the closest palette entry that matches.

(with the bicubic resizer) take an int 24bitimage[width][height], and int newheight, newwidth, and return int 24bitimage[newwidth][newheight]

I probably shouldnt ask this on here, but a) this is the only place that people familiar with the gimp source go, and b) I cant find what the functions are even called, nor what file they would be in.