RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp is neither an island, nor a windows product.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp is neither an island, nor a windows product. David Weeks 30 Nov 00:53
  gimp is neither an island, nor a windows product. Patrick McFarland 30 Nov 04:20
David Weeks
2002-11-30 00:53:20 UTC (over 21 years ago)

The gimp community? REALLY? You could ixnay on the inuxlay, but not GNU.

I feel for anyone trying to port gimp to windows, but I don't care about their work.

To hell with Windows. Why would we care about windows?

Windows has Photoshop, as does Apple. I've used gimp on windows, and it doesn't work so well, because the OS just isn't there.

If window users are our largest user base, and gimp is going to windows, then gimp is dead. How long will it be before we pickup directX and other stuff controlled by the evil people?

gimp is NOT a windows product. Nor should it ever be, nor should we want it to be. Those people can't even render a png in MSIE! What the heck are we doing there?

That's my opinion, and GNU/Linux is the company I keep. As this is already too much said on it, I'd like this to be a conclusion to my comments regarding recent conversations. Figure it out.

David Weeks

Patrick McFarland
2002-11-30 04:20:53 UTC (over 21 years ago)

On 29-Nov-2002, David Weeks wrote:

The gimp community? REALLY? You could ixnay on the inuxlay, but not GNU.

I feel for anyone trying to port gimp to windows, but I don't care about their work.

To hell with Windows. Why would we care about windows?

Windows has Photoshop, as does Apple. I've used gimp on windows, and it doesn't work so well, because the OS just isn't there.

Though this is a troll, and I usually dont respond to them, this one grabbed my intrest. Photoshop sucks. It may be a $500 some product, but it sucks. Not even windows or mac users should ever be forced to use such a shitty product.

If window users are our largest user base, and gimp is going to windows, then gimp is dead. How long will it be before we pickup directX and other stuff controlled by the evil people?

Actually, I wonder if mac users is our largest user base. More graphic artists are on macs, not windows.

gimp is NOT a windows product. Nor should it ever be, nor should we want it to be. Those people can't even render a png in MSIE! What the heck are we doing there?

That's my opinion, and GNU/Linux is the company I keep. As this is already too much said on it, I'd like this to be a conclusion to my comments regarding recent conversations. Figure it out.

gimp isnt a _anything_ product. It works on any operating system that has a sane gcc and sane gtk. Blame the people for prorting gcc and gtk to win32.

So, um, bite me.