RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Defaults for sel2path

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Defaults for sel2path David Neary 22 Oct 15:32
  Defaults for sel2path Sven Neumann 22 Oct 15:42
  Defaults for sel2path David Neary 22 Oct 16:26
Defaults for sel2path David Neary 29 Oct 20:33
David Neary
2002-10-22 15:32:44 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Defaults for sel2path

Hi all,

Following a little discussion that myself and nomis were having on irc, we got talking about the default option values for sel2path, which we agreed provided far too many control points. I told him that I'd played around with it, and gotten values which produced results I considered better. He suggested I put them in a mail to the developers list, and suggest them as new defaults.

So here goes... could people comment on whether they think these are pretty crap, or whether people reckon these might be better as defaults? Cheers. By the way, for those that don't know, to bring up the menu, Shift-Click on the selection-to-path button in the paths dialog while there's a selection active.

Align threshold: 1.0 Corner always threshold: 60.0
Corner surround: 4
Corner threshold: 100.0
Error threshold: 1.0
Filter alternative surround: 1
Filter epsilon: 10.0
Filter iteration count: 10
Filter percent: 0.33
Filter secondary surround: 5
Filter surround: 3
Unckeck "Keep knees"
Line reversion threshold: 0.10
Line threshold: 0.5
Reparametrize improvement: 0.02
Reparametrize threshold: 1.00
Subdivide search: 0.25
Subdivide surround: 6
Subdivide threshold: 0.5
Tangent surround: 4

Cheers,
Dave.

Sven Neumann
2002-10-22 15:42:49 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Defaults for sel2path

Hi,

David Neary writes:

Following a little discussion that myself and nomis were having on irc, we got talking about the default option values for sel2path, which we agreed provided far too many control points. I told him that I'd played around with it, and gotten values which produced results I considered better. He suggested I put them in a mail to the developers list, and suggest them as new defaults.

So here goes... could people comment on whether they think these are pretty crap, or whether people reckon these might be better as defaults? Cheers. By the way, for those that don't know, to bring up the menu, Shift-Click on the selection-to-path button in the paths dialog while there's a selection active.

what about a patch that sets the suggested values as default?

Salut, Sven

David Neary
2002-10-22 16:26:09 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Defaults for sel2path

David Neary wrote:

As requested, here's a patch against 1.3 (same patch works unchanged against 1.2) for people to try.

Cheers, Dave.

David Neary
2002-10-29 20:33:18 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Defaults for sel2path

Hi all,

I've attached a patch which changes the defaults. Are there any objections to me committing this for 1.2 and 1.3?

Cheers, Dave.

Propsed defaults are:

Align threshold: 1.0 Corner always threshold: 60.0
Corner surround: 4
Corner threshold: 100.0
Error threshold: 1.0
Filter alternative surround: 1
Filter epsilon: 10.0
Filter iteration count: 10
Filter percent: 0.33
Filter secondary surround: 5
Filter surround: 3