RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP Print Dialog Box

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP Print Dialog Box WHITE,CURTIS (HP-USA,ex1) 09 Jul 14:59
  GIMP Print Dialog Box Sven Neumann 09 Jul 15:05
GIMP Print Dialog Box WHITE,CURTIS (HP-USA,ex1) 09 Jul 15:21
  GIMP Print Dialog Box Sven Neumann 09 Jul 16:52
GIMP Print Dialog Box WHITE,CURTIS (HP-USA,ex1) 17 Jul 17:29
  GIMP Print Dialog Box Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero 17 Jul 17:48
GIMP Print Dialog Box WHITE,CURTIS (HP-USA,ex1) 17 Jul 18:12
WHITE,CURTIS (HP-USA,ex1)
2002-07-09 14:59:36 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

GIMP Print Dialog Box

How do I bypass the print dialog box in Gimp? I have written a batch script that works but the print box comes up and I wnt it to go straight to the printer. We have tried modifying the print.c and gimp_main_window.c code. Any assistance would be apreciated.

Sven Neumann
2002-07-09 15:05:01 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

GIMP Print Dialog Box

Hi,

"WHITE,CURTIS (HP-USA,ex1)" writes:

How do I bypass the print dialog box in Gimp? I have written a batch script that works but the print box comes up and I wnt it to go straight to the printer. We have tried modifying the print.c and gimp_main_window.c code. Any assistance would be apreciated.

it should work the usual way: call the print procedure with run_mode set to GIMP_RUN_NONINTERACTIVE and pass the necessary parameters.

Salut, Sven

2002-07-09 15:21:03 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

GIMP Print Dialog Box

Here is my script that I run in Script-Fu: (set! l3image (car (extension-screenshot 1 TRUE ""))) (file-print-gimp 0 l3image l3image "lp -s -dhpcp1160 -oraw" "DJ9xxVIP" "usr/share/printconf/foomatic/data/DJ9xxVIP-530418.foo" 1 "300" "Letter" "Plain" "Tray1" 1 100 -1 -1 -1 1 1 1 1 1 0 2 2 1 "\0" "Adaptive" 0)

When I use 1 for run_mode it errors out. Thank you in advance for your help.

-----Original Message----- From: Sven Neumann [mailto:sven@gimp.org] Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 9:05 AM To: WHITE,CURTIS (HP-USA,ex1)
Cc: 'gimp-developer@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu' Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP Print Dialog Box

Hi,

How do I bypass the print dialog box in Gimp? I have written a batch

script

that works but the print box comes up and I wnt it to go straight to the printer. We have tried modifying the print.c and gimp_main_window.c code. Any assistance would be apreciated.

it should work the usual way: call the print procedure with run_mode set to GIMP_RUN_NONINTERACTIVE and pass the necessary parameters.

Salut, Sven

Sven Neumann
2002-07-09 16:52:22 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

GIMP Print Dialog Box

Hi,

Here is my script that I run in Script-Fu: (set! l3image (car (extension-screenshot 1 TRUE ""))) (file-print-gimp 0 l3image l3image "lp -s -dhpcp1160 -oraw" "DJ9xxVIP" "usr/share/printconf/foomatic/data/DJ9xxVIP-530418.foo" 1 "300" "Letter" "Plain" "Tray1" 1 100 -1 -1 -1 1 1 1 1 1 0 2 2 1 "\0" "Adaptive" 0)

passing the image_id as drawable_id doesn't look like a good idea...

When I use 1 for run_mode it errors out. Thank you in advance for your help.

did you check that the supplied parameters match the requirements? You can look the PDB call up in the DB Browser to check this.

BTW, if all you want to achieve is a print-out of your desktop, you should consider using something less complex than The GIMP.

Salut, Sven

2002-07-17 17:29:11 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

GIMP Print Dialog Box

How do I get the title of the print preview window. I can get the window id with the xwininfo command. I want to pass the window name to a program called xvkbd. This program is a virtual keyboard that can send keystrokes to an application window. You have to pas it the window name or id. Since the id changes I need to send it the name. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero
2002-07-17 17:48:07 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

GIMP Print Dialog Box

curtis_white@hp.com (2002-07-17 at 1129.11 -0400):

How do I get the title of the print preview window. I can get the window id

Use xprop and cut out what you do not need.

GSR

2002-07-17 18:12:28 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

GIMP Print Dialog Box

Is there a way to call a linux command within a script-fu script?