RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

How many points can be drawn with one call to gimp-paintbrush?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

How many points can be drawn with one call to gimp-paintbrush? Jeff Trefftzs 25 Apr 06:51
Jeff Trefftzs
2002-04-25 06:51:19 UTC (almost 22 years ago)

How many points can be drawn with one call to gimp-paintbrush?

I'm working with L-Systems, using the GIMP as the image visualization engine, and doing the actual string rewriting, etc. in perl-fu. My test images tend to get pretty complicated pretty fast - the one running now is interpreting 88,940 symbols in the l-system. While the number of lines that gets drawn isn't quite this large, we're still talking in terms of tens of thousands of calls to gimp_paintbrush. At the moment I call gimp_paintbrush once for each line segment, as it gets processed from the command string (those 88,940 symbols I mentioned earlier). I was wondering if there might be a noticeable performance improvement if I were to accumulate a large number of line segments (saving their coordinates in an array), and making one call to gimp_paintbrush with some large number of line segments. Is there a known upper limit to the number of end points that can go into the array passed to gimp_paintbrush?