RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

babl and gegl: SHA{1,256}SUMS files not updated

This discussion is connected to the gegl-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

babl and gegl: SHA{1,256}SUMS files not updated Chris Clayton via gegl-developer-list 27 Nov 06:38
  babl and gegl: SHA{1, 256}SUMS files not updated Øyvind Kolås 28 Nov 17:24
Chris Clayton via gegl-developer-list
2017-11-27 06:38:36 UTC (over 6 years ago)

babl and gegl: SHA{1,256}SUMS files not updated

Hi

gegl-0.3.24 and babl-0.1.38 have been released recently, but in neither case have the SHASUMS files been regenerated.

Where possible, I like to verify sources before building and installing on my system. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

Thanks.

Chris

Øyvind Kolås
2017-11-28 17:24:48 UTC (over 6 years ago)

babl and gegl: SHA{1, 256}SUMS files not updated

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 7:38 AM, Chris Clayton via gegl-developer-list wrote:

Hi

gegl-0.3.24 and babl-0.1.38 have been released recently, but in neither case have the SHASUMS files been regenerated.

Where possible, I like to verify sources before building and installing on my system. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

For downloads directly from https://download.gimp.org/ - these checksums provide about as much verification as the bz2 compression itself, if the download is corrupted the unpacking of the archives would fail, a malicious attacker that hacked into download.gimp.org would be able to change both the archive and checksums anyways. These checksum files are most useful for mirrors when mirroring as well as manual checking of something downloaded from a mirror against checksums gotten directly from download.gimp.org; and they've been updated now.

/pippin