RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

adding calculator widget to gimp

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

adding calculator widget to gimp socio farm 02 Apr 06:53
  adding calculator widget to gimp Sven Claussner 02 Apr 07:35
socio farm
2016-04-02 06:53:55 UTC (about 8 years ago)

As a part of academics we are asked to choose a free open source s/w and bring about some mere changes by changing playing with its source code. can you guide us, we want to add a calculator widget in GIMP. and we don't have any idea about it.

Thanks

Sven Claussner
2016-04-02 07:35:50 UTC (about 8 years ago)

On 2.4.2016 at 8:53 AM Socio Farm wrote:

As a part of academics we are asked to choose a free open source s/w and bring about some mere changes by changing playing with its source code. can you guide us, we want to add a calculator widget in GIMP. and we don't have any idea about it.

Hi,

welcome and thanks for your interest in coding for GIMP!

A calculator widget in an image editing application is something that looks somehow odd to me personally. We already have a similar feature: https://www.gimp.org/release-notes/gimp-2.8.html#simple-math-in-size-entries Is it that what you mean? I couldn't find no bug reports for it, but perhaps anyone else here knows about issues with this feature.

If you are looking for interesting or newcomer topics then I can recommend our GEGL port (which is our most important topic for now) or you take a look at our newcomer bugs: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&classification=Other&keywords=newcomers%2C%20&keywords_type=allwords&order=Importance&product=GIMP&query_format=advanced&short_desc=%20&short_desc_type=anywordssubstr

If you need assistance come to #gimp at irc.gimp.org.

Happy coding & greetings

Sven