RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Installing GIMP-GAP on Mac OS X Instructions

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Installing GIMP-GAP on Mac OS X Instructions James Bush 08 Dec 22:32
  Installing GIMP-GAP on Mac OS X Instructions Joao S. O. Bueno 09 Dec 10:45
James Bush
2014-12-08 22:32:53 UTC (over 9 years ago)

I can write out the steps for installing GIMP-GAP on Mac OS X, if they are not already posted to this list (a Google search showed nothing; and, the GIMP website is missing any kind of source build instructions for Mac OS X users).

Not only have I nailed down the most concise method for adding GAP 2.6 to GIMP 2.8.14, but, as a technical writer employed in Silicon Valley for 16 years, I can convey that method to any GIMP user clearly.

I intend to post these instructions to my blog within the next day or two, which will contain screenshots and a video of GIMP-GAP on Mac OS X; I'll notice gimp-docs-list at that time.

Sent from my iPhone

Joao S. O. Bueno
2014-12-09 10:45:37 UTC (over 9 years ago)

Yes - such instructions would be welcome - please keep in mind that your blog, as a "fixed address" in the internet is more important than an e-mail post to any of the GIMP lists (although these are mirrored on the Web). Today there is no personal to update the GIMP Web site with official or unofficial hints and "install guides" like this.

Please, when you post, send the e-mail to the "GIMP-users" list as well - as that way the article will probably reach a larger audience.

js -> wrote:

I can write out the steps for installing GIMP-GAP on Mac OS X, if they are not already posted to this list (a Google search showed nothing; and, the GIMP website is missing any kind of source build instructions for Mac OS X users).

Not only have I nailed down the most concise method for adding GAP 2.6 to GIMP 2.8.14, but, as a technical writer employed in Silicon Valley for 16 years, I can convey that method to any GIMP user clearly.

I intend to post these instructions to my blog within the next day or two, which will contain screenshots and a video of GIMP-GAP on Mac OS X; I'll notice gimp-docs-list at that time.

Sent from my iPhone _______________________________________________ gimp-docs-list mailing list
gimp-docs-list@gnome.org
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-docs-list