RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp snapshots theme

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp snapshots theme Marco Ciampa 15 Aug 23:26
  gimp snapshots theme Roman Joost 16 Aug 08:58
Marco Ciampa
2007-08-15 23:26:01 UTC (over 16 years ago)

gimp snapshots theme

Since last dev version of gimp-2.3 (2.3.19) need at least gtk+2.10.13 or greater to compile, I was forced to install on /usr/local a newer copy of gtk+ libs to start gimp and to be able to do some action screenshots.

Since then I was forced to use the Default theme in my kubuntu feisty that was a little bit different (lighter) from the one that I was currently useing (so I have to redo the snapshots just sent in the last commit @#$%!).

All this rised in my mind a question. Why not to use the same theme for all the translations and, if not (why?), is possible to know which theme are currently used in the different languages (and why?) by the different laguage teams?

bye

Roman Joost
2007-08-16 08:58:47 UTC (over 16 years ago)

gimp snapshots theme

Hi Marco,

On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 11:26:01PM +0200, Marco Ciampa wrote:

Since last dev version of gimp-2.3 (2.3.19) need at least gtk+2.10.13 or greater to compile, I was forced to install on /usr/local a newer copy of gtk+ libs to start gimp and to be able to do some action screenshots.

Yeh - same problem here :(

Since then I was forced to use the Default theme in my kubuntu feisty that was a little bit different (lighter) from the one that I was currently useing (so I have to redo the snapshots just sent in the last commit @#$%!).

No - you don't have to do that. The screenshots are a mix of different themes anyways. One exception: the theme is so weird looking that users come into trouble comparing their dialogs with the screenshots.

All this rised in my mind a question. Why not to use the same theme for all the translations and, if not (why?), is possible to know which theme are currently used in the different languages (and why?) by the different laguage teams?

That didn't work in the past and I guess it won't work in the future. The problem is to define what and which theme can be used as a standard. Each distribution comes with different (default) themes...

Greetings,